Monday, February 2, 2009

Day Blooms

Happy Monday! I want to let you all know that Chris is giving away some blog candy to celebrate her 300th post! Go here and leave her a comment to have a chance to win. She'd love to see her comments hit the 50 mark and I'd love to see it happen for her!

The sentiment on this card is one I wish for all of you!



Doesn't this just make you think about getting out in your garden and planting those spring flowers?
I colored this image which is from squigglefly, with copic markers and chalked a sky in the background. It's hard to see the sky in the photo though. I cut it out with a rectangle nestability and then cut out a scallop nestability to go around it. I sponged coral ink on the scallop to match the card. The card was embossed on the bottom and I used some designer paper on the top. The paper is from K and Company and I just love it.
I used a peach colored twill ribbon to wrap around the card and tied it in a knot and then V cut the ends. The sentiment was printed out on my computer in a font named Kayleigh and then I used an oval punch to punch it out and sponged around the edges of it with coral ink. The last touch was the little bitty coral colored flower that is attached with a glitter coated yellow brad in the center. The whole oval is attached to the card with pop dots.
So, even if it's not looking like Spring is anywhere near you today, I hope your day "blooms with happiness"! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

Lovely card Holly!
Certainly not a day for planting spring flowers here, I'm afraid. We're under quite a lot of snow at the moment, Brrrrr!

msfreida said...

Well since the groundhog saw his shadow, we may have to put this on hold for a bit...more dang cold weather! I am so ready to get in my flower beds!

This card is so pretty! It will surely brighten anyone's day! The image is another favorite and will be used quite a bit since I love my flowers!

Have an awesome week!
Hugs~

Norine said...

this is so cute nice change from the weather we are having LOL
Hugs
Norine

Pam in Ar. said...

My day is blooming with happiness. We found out our grand baby to be is a girl :~)) We're very happy about that.

Love the card!

Anita said...

Cute card!

Kristie said...

Another gorgeous card!!! I think I might just have to get this image :)

Anita said...

Cute card!

Catherine said...

what a cute image, Holly and what a lovely card :)

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Holly!! I wish it was time to be planting flowers. I am sick of winter.

Annasmama said...

Thank you for that lovely wish! I hope your days were and are also happy! :-)))
This card is very cute!