Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Do I Really Need Another......

Before I get with today's card I was remiss yesterday when I was telling Pam how easy it is to use digital images. I went into this explanation on how to do it and I failed to mention that there is a tutorial on Squigglefly's site! Just go here to see it!

Also, if any onf you have submitted a card To Squigglefly for their Divine Bovine contest, PLEASE RE-SUBMIT IT! Something happened and they lost a few of the cards that have been submitted, so please send them in again. I so want to see these cards!

My friend gave me the new Stampin Up catalog the other day and I was thumbing through it mentally making a wish list when it dawned on me that I was making notes to get stamp sets that I really don't need! I have so many flower sets and single floral images that it's crazy to buy more! I then went back through the catalog and looked at cards that caught my eye and tried to think of what stamps I already own that I could use instead of the new ones.
This card CASES a card found on page 17 of the new catalog.



I used Stampin Up's In Full Bloom set and an unmounted butterfly stamp that I have had forever and I don't remember what company it's from. The panel behind the main image panel is wheeled with a Stampin Up wheel in versamark ink and then I brushed some purple pearl ex powder over it. Here's a close up at an angle that kind of lets you see the shimmer the pearl ex gives it.



If you don't have a catalog to look at, you can go online at Stampin Up's website and flip through the pages there. Pick a card you like and CASE it with stuff you already have. It's fun!
I'm off to work now. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Thanks for the link to the digital down loads...I will check it out :~) Also, I want to thank everyone for all of the words of encouragement on yesterday's blog comments, I'm going to go in with the attitude...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can LOL

You are right about the flower sets, Holly. If a person looks through what they already have, they would find they have so much of one thing already..they just didn't realize it. I wish I had done that, then maybe I wouldn't have so much of the same thing! YIKES!!

Have a good Tuesday everyone :~)

msfreida said...

Now why didn't I think of that??? You must have more brain cells working for you than I do!I have a FULL garden of flower stamps! This past weekend I broke up all my sets and put the stamps in categories. I couldn't believe how many flowers I had!

I LOVE what you did with this card! Looks like I will have to get that wheel back out!

Hugs~

Norine said...

very pretty love those flowers and the card is so soft
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Holly - thanks for saying 'out loud' what I think to myself all the time when stamp shopping. In todays economy many of us have to really watch our $$. Helping us crafters to look at things a different way is so helpful. Thanks again.

Martie
marthamoser@sbcglobal.net

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful case! Love that set, but it's gone forever now! You have reall brougt it to life here!

Annasmama said...

Very pretty card!!!

Kristie said...

Just beautiful Holly! And so true what you said about the flower stamps!!!!!! Here in Australia we don't get the new catty til 1st April and I'm definitely going to take your advice...well, I'll try to take your advice...LOL!!!

bumblebee creations said...

I love your card! it is gorgeous!! The wedding is getting so close, bet you are getting excited!!! glad you found the "right shoes"-I shoulda sent you a squigglefly card-ya know-the right shoes!?!!? heehee!

Heather "Hev" said...

That is so pretty Holly :)

Thanks for your help the other day too!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

In Full Bloom is one of my all time favorite SU sets. :) Love your card!