Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Doodled Turtle

This will stay on top until the blog candy is over.

If you would like to see the blog candy I have going on, please seeTHIS POST

The limited supplies challenge at splitcoast stampers last week was to stretch yourself a little out of your comfort zone by doing something you don't do a lot. I don't do much doodling on my cards, so I doodled quite a bit on this card. I also don't use too much red and yellow together (it makes me think of mustard and ketchup!), so this card has a lot of those colors and a lot of doodling!



I really like using this turtle from Squigglefly! He just such a versatile image!
I doodled his eyes, I doodled around the corners of the image panel, I doodled in two corners of the card, and I doodled in all of the red spots on his shell!
The "HI!" is from Unity stamps.
Happy Hump Day!

10 comments:

Chesney said...

Yesterday, you said we were leaving for Ashley's wedding in Mississippi... You may want to correct that, lol

bumblebee creations said...

oh Holly- I just have to make another card with that little fellow-he is just so darn cute!!!! He makes one smile!! see- : ) !!! heehee-have a great day!!

Norine said...

what a cute stamp love the colors you used
hugs
Norine

Tracey said...

Love this card Holly! That turtle is too cute!! xx

msfreida said...

Precious card! He is such a happy character! I'm with you on the mustard and ketchup, but it looks great here! You did an awesome job on your doodling!

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Doodle this Doodle that...I like Doodles :~)

So if Ashley's not getting married....Who is???

Nosey people want to know LOL

LouAnne said...

Holly- I know what you mean about red and yelllow- it has always reminded me of eggs with ketchup, but you did this little guy proud. Good for you for coming out of your shell! Ha!
Thanks for the great blog. I learn something new form you every day.
LouAnne

Deb Wood said...

Awwwww yhis is soooooo CUTE!

Shirley said...

Holly, I loved the card. I like yellow and red because it reminds me of garnet and gold which are FSU's colors.

Anita said...

Cute card! I finally got my squigglyfly image put to a card! I enjoy seeing your beautiful cards.