Monday, February 23, 2009

Flowers For You

This will stay on top until the blog candy is over.

If you would like to see the blog candy I have going on, please seeTHIS POST


Well we made it back from the wedding and I'm officially a mother-in-law! I wouldn't say the wedding went off without a hitch or two, but in the end it did get done beautifully. I couldn't have been prouder of my daughters or happier with my son-in-law. I was really happy to get back home though. We are just not travelers. We like being at home where all of our "stuff" is!
I don't have pictures to share just yet, but when I get to see them I'll share them with you too.
I do have a card to share with you though!



I thought I'd keep it really simple getting back to stamping after a few days off. This is an image a friend of mine sent me of Fluffles the cat. It was a quick one to color. I added stickles to a few of the flowers and then used a scoring board to score lines down the front of the card. A scalloped border and a little ribbon go a long way toward making this card seem not so simple.

Lauren Meader is the featured artist at squigglefly this month and she will be showing you some really cute cards she made with squigglefly images one day this week. Be sure to watch her blog so you don't miss them. Lauren's work is always so inspiring.
Have a wonderful Monday and thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Tracey said...

So glad the wedding day was wonderful! I don't think any wedding goes off without a hitch or two but at the end of the day a marriage is still started and that's what matters, right?!?!

Love your card Holly. Adorable!

Lauri said...

Congratulations!!! Sounds like even with a few hitches, it was beautiful! and I know what you mean...home is best!

Pam in Ar. said...

So glad to see you back Holly, and I can't wait to hear all about the wedding...I just love weddings :~)maybe that's why I've been married 4 times...JUST KIDDING...I've only been married once for almost 33 years LOL

I love the border on your card today...so classy, it really does dress it up! Great job for being gone this weekend...we're glad you're back :~)) I'm off to work.....

Deb Wood said...

Very pretty card, love the border punch and the blue's!

Deb Wood said...

Very pretty card, love the border punch and the blue's!

Kerri said...

This card really reminds me that I want spring, with flowers like those! Very cute~

I had planned to rubberstamp yesterday but got busy with cleaning and sorting. So I did the next best thing: looked at my stash of cards that have been sent to me & found some for recycling that I know friends will like! :)

Enjoy your day!

Annasmama said...

Congratulations to you and to your daughter! :-)))
And the card is so cute........... :-)))

msfreida said...

I thought about you Saturday! I'm a creature of habit so I know what you mean about being home with your own stuff. Congratulations!

Love this card.... Especially how you scored the background! Also love the border, and that beautiful bow. Awesome job!

Glad you're back!
Hugs

Kat said...

Missed ya, Holly!

Question: On cards like this, does the ribbon show on the top part of the inside of the card?

bumblebee creations said...

whooo hoooo !!! Holly is back!!
So glad to hear everyhting went great-I am sure your daughter made a beautiful bride! Love your card-so cute!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute! Glad to hear the wedding went well, too.

I'm behind again on comments, in case you didn't notice.

I also haven't forgotten about your email, I'm just waiting a bit. I'm also behind on all of my DT requirements, and want to get caught up with all of that before I take on more. I should be good by the beginning of March. I'll get you my selections once I'm caught up with my requirements.

Kristie said...

This is just gorgeous...elegant, but still cute! That scored bg just sets the whole card off....lovely!

Anita said...

Cute card! Glad that the wedding and your trip went well.

Bunny B said...

Congrats! :) That's such a cute card! Love the image!

Oma said...

Love this card - it would be a nice card for Mother's day.

Becky said...

very pretty, love the border punch.