Friday, February 27, 2009

Hoppy Easter

This will stay on top until the blog candy is over.

If you would like to see the blog candy I have going on, please seeTHIS POST


Happy Friday everyone! Can you believe this month is almost over? I cannot believe how fast time goes by! A new month means a new featured artist at squigglefly, and March's artist is Chris from Catt's Scratching Post. Please pay her a visit and look at how wonderfully creative she is! Also, if you haven't visited Squigglefly lately, you should definitely go take a look at their new images! I can't wait to start using some of them. Plus they've lowered their prices on some of their other images. I am really looking forward to seeing the Divine Bovine entries. If you've been thinking about entering you'd better hurry because tomorrow is the last day!

I really like the card I have to show you today. I got a little jump on making Easter cards because I saw this image when I was searching through the St. Patrick's Day images and thought it was too cute not to color.



The image is from Darcie's. Isn't he just the cutest little bunny? Be sure to click on the picture to see it larger so you can see the flocking detail I put on him!
It didn't require a lot of coloring, but the little I did is with copic markers. I chalked the background and then mounted it on top of a scalloped circle that was embossed with the swiss dots embossing folder. The edges of the scalloped circle are sponged too to make it stand out a little more.

The ribbon is the last little piece I had of this particular kind and it wouldn't go completely around the card, so I cut the ends with a dull pair of scissors to kind of fray it and attached it with two little pink glittered brads.
The words are computer generated and the font is called Angelina. I cut them out with oval nestabilities and sponged the edges of that too. I thought they kind of resembled eggs which fit in with Easter well! It was a fun card to make!
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday and thank you so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

Shellys Crafts said...

what a cute card. I love it. thanks for sharing. it's hard to believe Easter is almost here. Seems like christmas was here not to long ago..
Shelly Morin

Norine said...

this is so cute Easter already boy does time fly
Hugs
Norine

Deb Wood said...

Ohhhhhh this is soooooo cute! Love it!

catt871 said...

CUTE!!! Thanks for the shout out - I can't begin to tell you how EXCITED I am!!!!!
Chris

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Adorable! I love it!

msfreida said...

Oh this is one of my favorites! The pink Swiss dots remind me of one of my favorite Easter dresses when I was young!:) The flocking on the bunny adds so much texture and the background paper is perfect! This is a precious card, Holly!

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

very very cute!!! ok-where is darcies? you have done several cards from those stamps and everytime I wondero-so i figured i would ask this time! Love your card!!! It is gorgeous!!!

Kristie said...

This is seriously adorable...love the flocking on the bunny and the polka dot paper and the sentiment and...well, I just love all of it :)

Anita said...

Cute card!

Pam in Ar. said...

What a great Easter Card, Holly. I just love the flocking you put on it...really adds to it :~)

Maureen said...

Awwww... so cute!! Love the bunny and your embossed scallop circle is such a nice touch!

TeresaW said...

I really like that colour combo, very girlie.