Sunday, February 8, 2009

Inky Valentine

Hi everyone! Yesterday I went shopping for shoes and was almost in tears before my friend found a pair that I think works well enough so I bought them! The color that I was thinking would go well, just didn't work once I had a pair up next to the outfit, so we were looking at every color there was. Anyway, it's done and I'm finished shopping! Good thing too because the wedding is less than two weeks away! Today I have another valentine card; and it is probably the last valentine I will have time to make this year. I was lucky enough to get another one of Nicole's darling little girls to work with. This one is Angelica Isn't she darling sitting there in her special outfit just for Valentine's Day? I hand drew the bench she's sitting on. She colored with copic markers and the shadow, the bench, and the background are chalked. I stuck a little pearl on her purse. I brayered some red on to a cuttlebug embossing folder and then embossed the white layer behind her. It won't be much longer for Nicole to release her first images, so you should go subscribe to her blog now so you'll know when they're available. She's got some really cute images coming out that I know you won't want to miss! One more thing I want to share with you is a video my sister sent me. It is just such a touching story


Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Heather "Hev" said...

Fabulous card Holly :)

Nicole will go very far with these stunning drawings!

Thanks for sharing the video - how touchhing is that!

Lauri said...

Beautiful card! and glad you found your shoes!

That video is so touching..I am sitting here all choked up....

Annasmama said...

First I watched the video and I´m still choked up. This is so touching...........

And then I saw your lovely card, it`s beautiful! Have fun with your new shoes! :-)))

Chrissie said...

A lovely card Holly, these images are really sweet!
Sorry, can't bring myself to watch the video (I'm such a cry baby anyway!)

Pam in Ar. said...

What a touching video, Holly! It reminds me of this email I got the other day about animals and their young...they are so nurturing!
Thanks for sharing it with us :~)

The card OMGosh...I love this one! You just keep coming up with some of the cutest cards. I love squigglefly's images too, but I haven't purchased any yet...the reason being is I'm not real handy with the computer and I'm afraid of the printing part, I can never do it right and it is to small or it is to big..so I've shied away from it.
I do however, purchase the MFT stamps...love em:~)

Sorry to have rambled...have a great Sunday everyone...

catt871 said...

CUTE!!! I love Nicole's stamps - I can't wait to see what else she is releasing!!!!

Anita said...

Cute card!

Chesney said...

So which is it? The video you sent me in the mail told me the dog DID survive, now they're saying he didn't.

Kristie said...

I can't wait for Nicole to release these stamps....no wonder she keeps giving you some to play with...this card is just ADORABLE ♥

Glad you found the right shoes...it can be a real chore sometimes to find the perfect ones...but I bet you going to look sensational!

I loved that video....even if it is sad...dogs are so amazing!!! Our blue heeler saved my dad from being bitten by a brown snake (VERY poisonous) even though she got bitten herself...they have so much courage and love...it's a pity more humans aren't that selfless :)

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card, love the image!
Clairex

Norine said...

love the card she is adorable
great video
Hugs
Norine

Tracey said...

A fantastic card Holly!! xx

bumblebee creations said...

love your card holly-tfs!! Glad you finally found the shoes-what a releif - huh?!!! You will have a couple of very busy weeks ahead!! Hope to still see your regular cards!!

msfreida said...

What a precious card! Your coloring and chalking continues to blow my mind! The pearl is the icing on the cake!

The video touched my heart as well. They are truly amazing animals!

Hugs~