Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kuruku Loo Meets Penny Black

Good morning! I hope you have something fun to do this weekend. The weather here is supposed to be really nice, so I think we will probably get Riley out to the park and maybe I will get out in our yard and take a look at the flower beds. Other than that it will be the usual grocery shopping and house cleaning and hopefully crafting!

I had several people ask me where I found the googly eyes with the eyelashes that I used on the Marinated Steak card yesterday. I got those at Hobby Lobby.
This morning I have a card that uses one of the 99 cent images from squigglefly called Kuruku Loo. I thought this round cat looked a little like a balloon, so I shrunk him down to about 1" and made him one!



I stamped the Penny Black hedgehog, but I didn't ink up the flower he was holding in one hand. Instead I drew a line from the stem of the flower up to the foot of the cat so it would look like he was holding a balloon string.
I used a couple of clear flower stamps that I got at Michaels's $1.00 bin to add more flowers around the hedgehog. Everything is colored with copic markers except for the sky, and I chalked it.
I couldn't resist adding the realistic cat eyes. I love those things! I almost added googly eyes, but opted for these instead.
The card base is embossed with an Ellison texture sheet and a little bit of yellow stickles is added to the center of the flowers.
I printed the greeting on my computer with a font called Girls Are Weird (weird name isn't it?) and then punched it out with a circle punch and used a scalloped nestability circle to frame it.
It's fun combining images like this!
oh! One more thing - my counter just passed 35000 hits (can you believe it?) and to celebrate I'm going to have a blog candy give away, so stay posted to find out more soon.
Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Annasmama said...

A purrrrfect combination! :-)))
This cat really looks like a balloon, poor thing! But as it can fly, it is definitely not too fat. *lol*
I love this funny card, it simply puts me in a good mood. :-)))

Congrats on that giant number of hits!!!!

Hugs, Renate

CRYSTAL said...

Love it....Congrats on reaching a high hit count!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Hey Holly...I think your computer burped when you were talking about people asking about yesterday's eyes...it didn't finish your sentence.

Great card!

Norine said...

how cute love how you used that cat as a baloon very creative and fun
Hugs
Norine

Jackie said...

Ok, is it just me or did you fade off when revealing your secret of where you got those eyes? I'm hanging on the edge of my seat now!
Congrats on your milestone count too!

PatBowman said...

This is just way TOO CUTE!

Tracey said...

A great card Holly!! That big cat reminds me of the "My Neighbour Totoro" movie! :)

COngrats on so many hits!!

msfreida said...

You blow my mind with how you come up with so many creative ideas! The idea of turning him into a balloon is AWESOME...love his eyes, BTW! And your sentiment...PERFECT! This will definitely bring a smile to anyone's face! :)

Hugs~

joey said...

Hi, your card is fabulous, I love the humour of hedgy holding the cat balloon brilliant. lovely colours. joey.xx

LaVerne said...

I just can't get over your creativity. A cat balloon is a great idea!!

bumblebee creations said...

What an absolute adorable card! I bought that little download, think I may try something of the same! (hope you don't mind) you are a genious! Wow, what a bunch of hits you have had, but it is not surprising with all of your talent!! Congrats!!

Kristie said...

Adorable indeed! And yep, you are just too clever & fun...you sure made me smile (again!) this morning!
Big congrats on the hits...but not surprising (what with you being so funny and clever)! Looking forward to seeing the *candy* ;)

Shellys Crafts said...

I'm a cat person, and that is so adorable. I love cards that make me smile when you look at them. thanks for sharing. Shelly Morin

Becky said...

This is hilarious, this card is so cute, love the balloon :)