Friday, February 13, 2009

PB Hedgehog Makes A New Friend

Happy Friday! Even though it's the 13th I'm still glad it's a Friday!

Yesterday after work Kristie sent me an e mail giving me her address for the card she won. I asked if she wanted a sentiment on it and she told me whatever I could think of and that sarcasm was fine. I had had a little trouble coming up with a sentiment for the card before, but all of a sudden an idea came to me and I asked Kristie what she thought. She liked it, so I did it and I wanted to share it with you all. Here's the card front with the sentiment



and here's the inside



I hope you like it Kristie!

I was cleaning up my desk the other day and I saw the Penny Black hedgehog stamp that I used the other day on this card and an idea for today's card occurred to me!




Didn't this turn out cute? I just love coloring this turtle in different colors. I colored with copic markers and printed the verse on my computer in a font called Kristin. Little punched flowers on either side of the verse have stickles in the center.
I tied a yellow ribbon around the designer paper (from K & Company) and then tied a few more small pieces on the ribbon just to make it a little fluffier. This time I left the cat eyes off the turtle. He's so happy to have received this flower from the hedgehog that he's smiling so hard his eyes are squinted. LOL!

I'm not the only one who likes this little turtle. Run by and take a look at the cute card Martha made with him at Creating Is Fun

For those of you who are still not sure about the whole downloading and printing thing, Squigglefly has made a short little video tutorial for you!



Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Norine said...

how cute these 2 cards are love them both
hugs
Norine

Pam in Ar. said...

The video is great...just what I was looking for. I will try and download this weekend and let you know how I do :~) the downloading is not what's bothering me though, it's the printing part...do I put my cardstock in the printer and print on that? I've never used anything but regular printing paper in there before,so we'll see what happens...

Loved the sentiment on the winning card..it was perfect!

Today's card was cute, but then again...you can't go wrong with a Hedgehog!

Annasmama said...

Yes, this text is perfect for that cute card! :-))
And I love that second card and the text a well! :-))

Kristie said...

Oh WOW!!!! That's just perfect!!! Thankyou again....you are awesome!
Also love the other card...those PB stamps are just adorable.
Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's weekend ♥

denid said...

A great tutorial... Thanks you very much... I still have trouble getting the right size...

msfreida said...

Oh Kristie will love what you did to her card! It's adorable!

I love the hedgehog one too! The designer turtle goes perfectly with him! Love the colors! The fluffy bow just adds extra pizazz! Awesome!

The video offers very helpful info. We appreciate all your help, Holly!

Hugs~

Tracey said...

Love your cards Holly. That hedgehog and turtle are ADORABLE!!

Nicole said...

This is such a cute card Holly. I'm sure that she will love it!!! You always make such beautiful cards! HUGS! Nicole :)