Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Potted Clover

This will stay on top until the blog candy is over.

If you would like to see the blog candy I have going on, please seeTHIS POST

Kat asked yesterday if the ribbon on my card showed on the inside of the card. Yes, it does Kat. Sometimes I will tape the ribbon on the front and cut the ends so it isn't really wrapped around the card, but this one is really wrapped. Also, sometimes I will wrap a ribbon like this and then line the inside of the card with some heavy weight paper so the ribbon is hidden. I didn't do that on this card though.

Another St. Patrick's Day card today made with another Darcie image.



The image was colored with copic markers and the background paper is just plain old copy machine paper that I stamped a dots background on. The dots are from DRS Designs. I thought they worked perfectly with the ribbon I had! Rounding the corners makes the card a little different than a run of the mill card too.

Tomorrow is card give away day, so be sure to come by for that! I have a busy work day today. Our accountant is coming to get all the information for filing taxes, and that always has me on my toes finding what he needs. I hope you have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Pam in Ar said...

I'm not much in to St. Patty's Day, but this little bear is a cutie!!

Whoo Hoo...tomorrow's card give away...."I'll be back" (did you hear my terminator voice in that LOL)

Thanks Holly...great card!

Norine said...

this is the cutest love that bear
hugs
Norine

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

These shamrock bears are adorable! Too bad the next holiday in my house is Easter. HA! :)

Deb Wood said...

This is too cute, love the colors/coloring and ribbon!!

catt871 said...

This bear is SO cute!!!!! I love the ribbon too!

msfreida said...

Precious card! Love how you made the background paper match the ribbon! It definately completes the look!

I'm not Irish, but I love to help them celebrate!!! It's another fun holiday, and these days we need all the fun we can get!

Hugs

bumblebee creations said...

awww... so cute holly!! love your ribbon!!

Kristie said...

That is one adorable bear...love it ♥
Also, I forgot to say that the card I won arrived safe and sound...it's even more adorable in real life than on your blog :) I'm thinking I should just keep it for myself...maybe frame it??? Or stick it up on the *gorgeous cards my blogging friends made* shelf. Thanks so much Holly...you're the best!

Annasmama said...

Such a cute teddy bear card, I love it! :-)))

Ann said...

What a cute little bear, and I love that fun ribbon!

Becky said...

This bear is so cute, and your card is lovely.

Melany said...

Great coloring. Thanks for sharing!

UKMUMINUS said...

Cute card, lovely colouring.

Maureen said...

So cute! I love Darcie's bears and that dotty background is perfect!