Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pucker Up

I've mentioned before that I maintain a birthday list on the RST Group so I make a lot of birthday cards. This month one of the ladies is having her 50th birthday. I saw this new image on Squigglefly called Blown Kisses and this is the card that came to mind (click on the card for a closer look).





Don't you think that is just the perfect thing for this lady to be saying? LOL! I printed the saying on my computer in a font called Boopee. I printed the lady out, heat set it, and then colored with copic markers and chalked the background. I used the textile embossing folder on some rusty red coredinations cardstock and then sanded it down some to show the inner core color. It gave the cardstock an almost cloth texture. I was going to attach some ribbon to the spiral clip, but I couldn't find any in my stash that matched well enough so I left it alone.
I went back and forth on how to place the designer paper and finally went with it angled and the corners clipped.
Tomorrow's Friday! This week has flown by! I've got just a couple of finishing touches to make to my Divine Bovine cards and I'll have those for you tomorrow! I'm warning those that don't like puns now to stay away tomorrow! :P Thanks as always for stopping by!

17 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

I absolutely love the sayings you use on your card.....puns are fun!!!! Sorry, I had to do it. I love a good play on words.
Great blog!!!
Crystal

Pam in Ar. said...

I have to agree with Crystal, you do have a way with sayings. This one jumped right out at me though. I will be 50 later this year and to see Kiss your 40's goodbye, hit me.....right in the heart LOL.

Loved the card Holly :~)

Norine said...

love the card and that saying perfect
hugs
Norine

Tracey said...

Love this Holly! The sentiment is fabulous!

catt871 said...

AWESOME!!!! The sentiment is perfect!!!!!

Kat said...

Adorable, dah-ling. I like that the spiral clip "stands alone" (without a ribbon attached) so it is entirely visible. Love the layerings & corner cuts & scalloped circle and texture and ... and ... and .... ;-D

Nora said...

I love this card! Colors, textures, the phrase - it's a winner!
TFS

Annasmama said...

Oh yes, that`s the right slogan when you get 50 - I know it so well! ;-)))
Hugs, Renate

Catherine said...

adorable, Holly :)

Kristie said...

Absolutely perfect!!! I love your *punny* and irreverant sentiments...you always make me smile (and sometimes even laugh out loud)...can't wait for your Bovines :)

nancymt615 said...

Love this card!

msfreida said...

PERFECT! She will really get a kick out of it!

Love how you angled the DP! This is precious, Holly!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Holly this is such a stunning card hunny and im just loving this image that you've used. Hugs Linda x

Anita said...

Cute card!

LaVerne said...

Looks like I am adding another image to my wish list. And I love that saying-It would work for so many ages and times of life!! Thanks as always for your inspiration.

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

So cute! Great layout, too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love the puns and humor!! Great cards to bring a smile to the recipients face!!