Saturday, February 28, 2009

Some Days

This will stay on top until the blog candy is over.

If you would like to see the blog candy I have going on, please seeTHIS POST

A few people have asked me about the Darcie images. They are clip art that are available on CDs from Sunshine Graphics. If you've been using digital stamps, remember that the clip art graphics cannot be re-sized the same way.

My best friend called me the other day and asked me if I could make a card for her to give to a co-worker who has had a rough time at work. I said "sure!" and then she told me she needed it by the next morning! I didn't have much time to make it, so I chose an image that didn't require a lot of coloring and made this




The image is from Diamonds Rubber Stamps. I had some black and white designer paper that had lots of sparkle on it and I just randomly colored in some of the diamond shapes with the same color red that I used on the bug.
The words were printed out on my computer in a font called Juice. The inside says "Don't let the ba****ds get you down! We love you!"
LOL!
My friend said she loved it and that's all that matters to me!
I hope that today all of you are the windshield!

I have a friend coming over today to help me make another video for ya'll, and maybe we'll get some stamping time in too! I have to replenish my birthday cards and I need to make a variety pack of cards that someone requested, so I have lots to keep me busy today! Tomorrow is the day we find our who the winner of the blog candy is! I've enjoyed reading all the reasons people like to make cards. Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Love this Holly! Great card & an adorable sentiment!

Debbie said...

I love this card...great image and love that saying...might have to look for that stamp...or one similar...

Pam in Ar. said...

She's Baaaack...LOVE the inside sentiment LOL. You do such a good job Holly....Have fun making all of your projects today, I've got Stamp Club..Yahoo....

msfreida said...

LOL! Too cute! This is just what I needed this morning and I know your friend's co-worker will appreciate the humor too! Love how you added some of the red to the background paper. Precious card!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! We are FINALLY supposed to get some snow tonight, so keep your fingers crossed for me! I may get to make a snow angel yet !!!

Hugs

Deb Wood said...

Oh my gosh, there you are!!! This sentiment is hilarious and the inside is even funnier!! I love the paper and the lady bug is just too cute to get splatted!!!!!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute! I love the sentiment!

Kat said...

RITCMOL!! What a wide-eyed ladybug -- I guess she can see that windshield coming at her. ha!
I love red 'n b&w together.

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the saying. Thanks for sharing squgglefly projects. I finally tried them and love the images. I love the idea of being able to print the size you need for a project.

bumblebee creations said...

Love the image and really love the saying on this card!!! How cute!! Is tomorrow the divine bovine day? cant wait to see what everyone has created!!! gotta go visit squigglefly now!!

Kristie said...

That sentiment totally cracked me up :) This card is just gorgeous and sure to cheer anyone up!!!
Can't wait to see your next video!