Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Gardening

This will stay on top until the blog candy is over.

If you would like to see the blog candy I have going on, please seeTHIS POST

If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card and would like to be in the running to win it, you have until noon today to do so!

I know that many of you are still in the midst of winter like weather, but here the trees are budding and daffodils are in bloom everywhere so it's making me think Spring cards.


(click on card for larger image)

This is another image from Darcies. I colored her with copic markers and chalked the sky and ground. The flowered paper was stamped with a little flower image from a Stampin Up set and stickles were added to the centers. It's my own handmade designer paper because I couldn't find any in my huge stash of paper that I liked with this! Well I probably could have, but I got tired of looking and just made my own.
The blue behind the image is embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder, and the little corners were snipped with my slit punch to make room for the flower brads.
I hope it brings a little bit of Spring time to you today! I'll be back later to announce the winner of the card. Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Lovely card...

Norine said...

too cute love the coloring
hugs
Norine

TeresaW said...

Chalk! I forgot all about my chalk stash. That's great and I love the background paper that you did. Just perfect.

Jeanne said...

I'm really enjoying your sharing of the Darcie stamps and coloring. I wish I had some! I do have lots of DJ Inkers images, so I will have to use those. I just love how they look.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Deb Wood said...

Very cute card, I miss the funny sentiments!!!

Tracey said...

Awe! How cute is that??? Great card Holly!

Kat said...

Love this card, Holly - especially 'cuz we got 3" snow last nite! I wish the image was not blurry, tho - and it did not bring up a *larger* image when I clicked on it.
I love how happy this gardening gal is - and how cute is that li'l heart flower popped out of the ground!

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL, if Kat hadn't mentioned it being blurry, I would have just thought it was my eyes...Thanks Kat :~) It did open up closer for me when I clicked on the image tho...loved the card..you always do such a great job Holly...

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly! So glad you are back!! I really missed seeing your cards everyday while you were away!!! Love this one! You have such wonderful taste! Love this one as well! TFS!!!

Barb said...

What a darling little girl and I love how you colored her. I Like sring cards about now. -20 is a bit much for end of Feb

bumblebee creations said...

oh hey did i mention i love this one as well? lol!!! haahahaaa good grief, i must need to get some sleep!!!

Anita said...

Cute card and image!

msfreida said...

I love this one as well! Cute image... awesome coloring...perfect background paper... absolutely love
the embossed panel!!! Oh yes, spring is here!

Hugs

Kristie said...

This is really sweet....love it ♥

renee said...

adorable card!! Tfs! Blessings. Renee