Thursday, February 19, 2009

St. Paddy's Day Bear

This will stay on top until the blog candy is over.

If you would like to see the blog candy I have going on, please seeTHIS POST

Hi everyone! Tomorrow we are leaving for our daughter's wedding so I will be away until Monday. I hope you all miss me! LOL!
When we get back I will be so ready to start creating again. I can't even stand the thought of being away from it for so long!

St. Patrick's day will be here before you know it! I decided to have a look at what stamps I have for this holiday, and I don't have too many! So I then looked through my digital images and found some cute Darcie ones. I have to say that I've gotten a little spoiled using the digital images from squigglefly because they are able to be re-sized so easily and not lose quality. These Darcie images are on a disc I bought and they can not be re-sized without messing them up.
Anyway, I printed the bear out and colored him with copic markers. the background paper was made by stamping a four leave clover stamp I got from the dollar bin at Michael's over and over. Then I stamped a speckle stamp all over in yellow and added bits of stickles to the veins in the leaves. I think it makes a cool background paper!



I think I may still add a greeting in the lower left corner or some piercing or something. What do you think it needs?
Okay, I'm out of here until the 23rd! When I get back I'll be a mother-in-law! Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Cute paper you made...and love the bear.

Tracey said...

What an adorable bear! Love your card Holly!

Congratulations on your daughter's wedding! I hope it is a fabulous day!

Deb Wood said...

Congratulations and have a safe and wonderful trip! This is sooooo adorable.

Anita said...

Cute card! Enjoy your time away! See you Monday.

renee said...

this is just too cute!!! just love everything about it. thanks for sharing. Blessings. Renee

Kat said...

So sweet! When I look at the face on this bear, and I see she's holding a 3-leaf clover, I think of her saying: "Can you find me a 4-leaf clover?" [There are a whole bunch of them behind you, Little Bear!] I remember looking for them as a kid. I don't recall ever finding one. LOL

Have a super-duper time at the wedding. And yes, WE WILL MISS YOU!

msfreida said...

Oh I miss you already! Enjoy every minute of this special day!

This card is adorable! The background you made is AWESOME! love the stickles! I need to find a similar stamp :)

Have a safe trip! Congratulations!

Hugs

Tracey said...

well if that isn't just so sweet?!?!? Adorable card Holly! Love it :) TFS~

Tracey said...

I got so excited I forgot to say - CONGRATS!!! Hope you have tons of fun at the wedding - and I hope you'll share some photos when you get back!! {{{HUGS}}}

Kristie said...

This card is just adorable!!! Of course we will miss you while you're gone...but hope you have a fantastic time!!! And I definitely want to see photos....I love looking at pics of weddings...even when I don't know the people :)

bumblebee creations said...

Holly you are going to be SOOOO missed!!!! I look forward to each day know ing you will have a new card to get inspired by! Have a GREAT time at the wedding!! Congrats to your daughter!!

Nora said...

It's great! Love the color combination & the background paper ROCKS!
T4S

Pam in Ar. said...

Hey Holly...great little St. Patty's Bear! Have a great time at your daughter's wedding..look at it this way....you're gaining a son, WITHOUT GIVING BIRTH!!! LOL Have a great time :~))

bumblebee creations said...

ok-really really missing your new posts now!!! hope you are having a spectacular time though!!!

bumblebee creations said...

looking forward to you coming back tomorrow!! Am definately having "Holly's card withdrawls" now (not sure on that spelling) anyhow hope to see you back in the morning!!! Your daughter is probably married by now, and hope all went spectacularily grand!!!
see ya soon

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This bear is too cute! I love the card!