Friday, March 6, 2009

All Occassions Card

Happy Friday to you all! I promise to be short winded today since I had such a long post yesterday! Today's card is a really simple one, but can be used for just about any occassion. I like to make several cards like these and then when an occassion pops up, I can just stamp a sentiment inside or print one off on the computer and attach it to the front of the card.



It uses the Embrace Life set from Stampin Up. The front of the base card is embossed with the Textile embossing folder from Provocraft. I used a large Keiser pearl half in the center of the main flower.

Several people have asked to see a video showing how I color with the copic markers. I will be happy to do it, but I need you to tell me what you want me to color. If you will go to squigglefly and pick an image out that you'd like to see me color, I'll do the one that gets the most votes.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog today, and have a wonderful Friday!

16 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

YAY..I'm excited... you're going to do a coloring video!! I choose Playful Puppy, it looks like it would be an easy one to start with and has a large enough area to actually show us how to get enough ink on the image for a finished look....The best part about today's card is, I HAVE THE STAMP SET Whoo Hoo...I can copy..er, I mean case..um, I mean go to it for inspiration :~) you get my drift...Thanks Holly...isn't this weather super???

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a superb, elegant card! Love your design.

bumblebee creations said...

YEAHHHHHHH!!! and OOHHHHHHH!!!!!! I love this card-that is awesome!! Love the big gorgeous flower!!! I would love to see you do Tommy the Turtle!!! I am very excited about the coloring tutorial!!!

Norine said...

love your card
I agree with Pam the playful puppy looks like a good one to learn from
Hugs
Norine

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the colors and the softness.
Beautiful!
hugz
deb

msfreida said...

Well I can't wait!!!:)I agree, Playful Puppy will work because I need help coloring large areas! Ohhh, I'm so excited! Let me grab a chair!

I TOTALLY love this card! The colors are so beautiful...AWESOME JOB! Another flower stamp set I must get! LOL! Dang, I'm gonna have a complete garden before it's over with!

Have a super weekend everyone! :)

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

This is lovely! I think it's one of my favorites that you've done!

Kat said...

Who would've known that GREY could look so lovely ... with the pink. I really like this color combo.

Please tell us which Copic markers you use, okay? Do you use the Sketch ones?

Anonymous said...

Please do "For You"
I like it
It is cute.

Rita
r.mulroney@mailxch.com

Anonymous said...

I'm just getting started with stamping and coloring and I've heard a lot about the copic markers being uber awesome. I want to try them, so I'd love to see a vid!! LOL! I went to squigglefly and my vote is for either the bunny with the flower pots or the bird on the mailbox.

:)) StatueSue

Martha said...

its beautiful!

Diane (djuseless) said...

What a beautiful card! I think I am going to have to break out my Embrace Life set soon! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Wonderful color combination and the pearl in the center of the flower is the perfect 'something extra'! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!

Kristie said...

This is just gorgeous Holly...very elegant and beautiful!
I don't mind what image you use...I just want to see your technique...LOL! But Playful Puppy is probably a good one, because large areas are the trickiest :)

sarahw said...

Such a pretty card, I love the embossed background. I just added your blog to my favorites. :)

Debby said...

Every time someone uses this set I think gee I need that set. Very pretty.