Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cards For Ethan

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the nice comments yesterday on the video. Even though I wasn't that happy with the final card, I do think it accomplished showing you all how I color with copics and also how I do the chalking in the background.
Every Saturday Lauren has a sketch on her blog. This weekend she asked us to use the sketch to make a card for her friend's son Ethan who has cancer. You can read Lauren's post here if you want to participate.
Here's the card I made



I used the mailbox bird from Squigglefly.com and colored with copic markers. The words are computer generated and the font I used is called Kristin.
The designer paper in the background is from Stampin Up.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!

13 comments:

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

This is wonderful! I love the colors. That sentiment is perfect too.

The dog card was fabulous. I like the liquid applique for the pillow, too. Nice touch!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh that is so pretty! I so love that image too. They will appreciate that. Thanks Holly!

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree...the colors are brilliant :~..I had read about Ethan, and have his family in my prayers.

Thanks for sharing :~)

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This is so cute! Ethan will love it! All the bright colors!!
hugz
deb

bumblebee creations said...

Very sweet image, I'm sure he will treasure this card!!! thanks for sharing, and i am off to check out the link! Have a great Sunday!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Kristie said...

This is a gorgeous card! And for a very good cause too...I'm sure the family will appreciate it :)

And thanks so much for the video yesterday...I had to run and meant to come back to leave a comment but you know...life got in the way...LOL! It was great to see how someone else does it...and does it so well at that! I wanted to ask you a quick question though...do you always choose all your colours BEFORE you start?

msfreida said...

You chose the perfect image Holly! I know it will cheer him up to know you made it just for him. I will make one also. Ya know, we take so much for granted when we are blessed with healthy children. I just cannot imagine! But I'm a big believer in miracles and I pray for one for Ethan.

You have the biggest heart Holly! I know this personally and it will come full circle! God bless you .

Hugs

Debby said...

cute cute cute!!!

Debby said...

btw. I love that font! I am on the hunt.

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Fantastic card...love your sentiment, they are always fab.
Emma x

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Cute! I love the coloring, and the way you shaded the ground!

Nicole said...

Hi Holly,

As always, I think your work is beautiful. Man, you always color so nice....how do you achieve that every time? GRR.... LOL I wish I colored 1/2 as good as you! I also ALWAYS love your BG's very pretty. HUGS! Nic