Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cute Snoozer

Good morning! Yesterday we got a little snap of cooler weather and I am just loving it! I was out playing with Riley most of the day. She is one active dog!
I did look at the sketch challenge on Papercraft Planet yesterday, and last night I found time to make a card for it.



I printed out an image from squigglefly called A Snack and A Nap and colored it with copic markers. The background was chalked. All the rest of the card just followed the sketch. I used a speckle background stamp on the card base and printed the words with my computer. The font is one called Pupcat and you can grab it for free here.
I think this image would be a good one to use for a male birthday or retirement, and even Father's Day, but I went a different route with my greeting. By poking fun like this I can send it to a girlfriend. Just two girls having a chuckle at our guy's expense! LOL! What do you think? Did I step too far out of the box with this sentiment?
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I've got to get busy making a grocery list and menu plan for the week! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

VERY CUTE!!! I think that little guy is adorable!! Have fun grocery shopping!

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

I love it! He is toooo cute! Love the sentiment!! PERFECT!
hugz
deb

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Very cute! Love that sentiment too! Now if we can only find the remote while he sleeps!!!

Hugs,

Anita said...

Cute card! Great saying!

Mary said...

Holly, I LOVE it!!! What a great image and I love the direction you took it!!! TFS!!!

msfreida said...

Too far out of the box...NEVER! I love this font too...thanks for the link!;)

Awesome coloring...I'll be so glad when I can get those skin tones down pat! Adorable card...but just be glad Father's Day follows Mother's Day! HEE HEE !!!

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Menu plan?? For the week??!? My idea of a menu plan is where do we go tonight....McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell...LOL You are too organized, Holly :~) What's for dinner Wednesday??

The guy on the couch is too funny :~) it will make a great guy card for a lot of men...

Have a great week, hopefully it will be a little bit warmer than yesterday BRRRRR

Kristin said...

hehe, left you a little something on MY blog!

Debby said...

This is great. However that is NOT what I say about my hubby. For various reasons.

Kristie said...

I just love your funny sentiments and never think you go too far! I'd love something like this to send to my dad....LOL! Just fantastic :)

renee said...

oh I think this is just adorable! very cute.

CRYSTAL said...

Bwahahahahahaha....I love the card and the sentiment!!! Lovin' the new images!!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Ha! Too funny! :) I love it.