Friday, March 27, 2009

Easter Bunch

Good morning everyone! Are you all as happy for the weekend being here as I am? I have a lot to get done this weekend; but most of it is fun stuff for the upcoming squigglefly blog hop! I'm excited about that, and I'm also excited to tell you that squigglefly has started their own blog! Go check it out and think about following it here so you don't miss out on the fun!

I've been making Easter cards, and I found one design that went pretty quick so I decided to make a whole batch of them!



The rabbit stamp is from Hero Arts and some of them are colored with copics and some are colored with pencils or watercolors.
Each of them are little bit different in some way, because it's just not fun to make the exact same card over and over!
Here are a couple of close up shots of a couple that I liked best.



This one I dry embossed the dots with the Stampin Up brass template. It was a new toy and I had to play with it!



This one I used a wheel from Stampin Up for the background on the card base.

I used some of the bridal flowers from michaels and I colored them with copics. They are mounted with a glittery brad in the center. I also got to use a new fern punch I got from Michael's on a recent trip.
I did print the greeting on my computer, but I can't remember the name of the font. Have you been making any Easter cards? It'll be here before we know it!
Have a wonderful Friday, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Beautiful cards, Holly....yes I feel the same way...I like to mix it up, I dont like making the same cards over and over.
Great job!!!

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

These are great!

P.S. I'm having trouble signing in to Squigglefly and the group as a whole. Any ideas? It's just Squigglefly I'm having trouble with.

Thanks.

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

These are wonderful!!
hugz
deb

msfreida said...

Ohhh these are all so cute! I love your new toys! I NEED those border punches!!! Wonder if the Easter bunny will put some in MY basket???

OK...I must ask, although I think I know the answer! Which did you find easier to color with: the Copics, or your pencils? Both look
beautifully done, BTW!

I did hop over to Squigglefly's new blog and it's going to be so much fun! Once word gets out, it will really be an asset.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!
Hugs~

Carole said...

Hi Holly
You've done lovely cards there.
Have a nice weekend!

Anita said...

Cute cards!

bumblebee creations said...

so so cute Holly!!! Love the image too how sweet!! Thanks for sharing!

Kat said...

Those are so very purrty. I love pink & Spring green together.

Holly, what about the pink flower? Is that a little punch, or part of a CB-die set? I love their size & the embossing on them.

Debby said...

I so agree about that over and over stuff. I have a hard time with it myself. And these are incredibly cuuuuuute!. Exaggerated lips as I write that. I wonder does anyone else talk to themselves with extreme animation as they are typing? I really hope it's not just me. Have a good weekend.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good evening Holly this is stunning hunny, love all the cute rabbit images!! hope you are having a good weekend, hugs Linda x

Pam in Ar. said...

Here comes Peter Cotton Tail...hoppin' down the bunny trail...LOL

Easter will be here before we know it...I need to get busy!! Great job :~)