Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring

Good morning one and all! Today is officially the first day of Spring, so what better day to post a card welcoming it!


(click to enlarge)

This card uses an image from Squigglefly that I colored with copics. The background was chalked and the bunny was flocked. I embossed some designer paper and then punched a border and mounted it on a card. The Happy Spring sentiment was stamped in purple ink below the border. I think this sentiment stamp is from Penny Black but I am not positive.
I also glued a little brown flower soft to the pots for "dirt". Everytime I look at the card I think it needed something else, so I threaded some feathery yarn that I had through the eyelet holes, moved the image over to the right, and glued a small purple prima flower at the end of the flouish in the greeting. I was going to add a flower to the left of the image where some of the designer paper pulled off when I moved it, but it looked a little busy so I just used a copic marker to touch up the white spots on the designer paper and it matched really well. With the embossing on the paper you really don't notice it. It's more noticeable in the photo than in real life. Can you see where it is?




I'm happy to say that I slept better last night. I think the whole not sleeping well thing is all because of this blasted daylight savings time! Hopefully my body is adjusted to it now. I hate waking up in the middle of the night or way too early in the morning and then being tired all day long! I'll be so sleepy all day thinking only of bed, but around 10:00 at night when I should be going to bed, I suddenly feel wide awake and not sleepy at all so I stay up a little later and then I'm going to bed too late! Going to bed late coupled with waking up an hour before the alarm is due to go off does not make for a good next day!
Do you have anything fun planned for your weekend? I'm going to a stamp camp on Sunday, and I always look forward to those! I'll be sure to share what we make with ya'll!
Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

You do wonders with those images! I love the embossing and scalloped edge too! Great card!

I find a cup of hot chocolate about an hour before bedtime helps me sleep good!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

I have a lot of sleepless nights...it seems the older I get the less sleep I get..arrggghhh.

Great card and now I know I'm not the only one that changes things after they are supposed to be done...ha

msfreida said...

Well Sweetheart...I hate to say it, but your sleep problems may be hormone related! I went through the same thing and that was what I was told. My husband's group has opened an extension to their practice which does sleep studies and they are finding that many women in our age group have sleep apnea. If this continues, I would definitely have things checked out!

Holly, you definitely know how to welcome spring! This card is so precious and as usual, you pay close attention to detail! Of course the bunny is flocked! Ladies, if you haven't tried this stuff, YOU MUST! It is SO FUN! From the "dirt" to the "springy" font in the sentiment, you thought of EVERYTHING! Your creativity inspires! :)

Even if it rains, have a sunny weekend everyone!

Hugs~

Kat said...

Oh, I just love this darling card. I loved the first one - but when I saw how you changed/added to it, yah, I like that one way better. I always think it is good to layer a dark-colored paper behind the image-on-white-cs. Those feathery lavender fibers look great threaded thru the holes.

Oh, how I can't wait for ALL our snow to be GONE. What's left now are piles from shoveling or plowing - plus on the north side of the fences. Good thought: It IS Spring today! :-D

Anonymous said...

Hi
Just a note to say that I too, am off 'track' in the very same way you are with the time change!! And, I will continue to be until it changes back again! -- eventhough I try to go to bed earlier. (This is in Alberta, Canada.) I am a night person, and I think it is this group that is mostly affected. I don't arise in the a.m. until 9:00 or later, by then morning is half gone and so is the day. This is what bugs me the most!!

Anita said...

Cute card! The colors are my favorite. I know about hating this time change. It messes me up a lot with sleep and everything else.

bumblebee creations said...

What a wonderful spring card!!! I am so looking forward to some nice weather!!! I love that image, and the ribbon really adds a flair!!

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree with Kat, I really liked the way the fibers dressed up your card the second time around :~) Spring has sprung and I'm sorry..don't hate me now but I love daylight savings....I can get so much more done because the sun is up longer...

I'll bet Stef H sleeps so much better after drinking the hot chocolate because she adds a little something extra to it...LOL I know I would!

Happy Friday everyone :~)