Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's A Birthday

Hi everyone! I guess I kind of gave all of you a tease by showing you that duck image before it was available! Well the good news is that it's up and available for download today along with a couple of other cute ducks!
In fact if you've received your Squigglefly newsletter you're as excited as I am about the new images! I'm especially excited about the Divine Bovine contest entries that are coming any day! Oh, and did you see that they are going to have a small design team?! Lots of fun and exciting things going on!

If you remember the other day I told you I was making a variety of cards to give to someone and this card is one of the cards that will be in that group.



I love the little Penny Black hedgehogs. They just make me smile when I see them. I colored him with copic markers and then went to town with the designer papers and embellishments! The border punch on the side is from Martha Stewart.
I thought the turquois buttons went well with the color in the designer paper, and I don't use buttons often enough so it was fun getting them out.

I hope you all have a great day today and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Norine said...

this is so cute love the hedge hogs
Hugs
Norine

Pam in Ar. said...

What a pretty card..I like how you put the yellow sun? up in the left hand corner and punched to like the border....very cute:~))

Pam in Ar. said...

I guess I should have proof read before I sent it...I meant to say...punched "it" like the border
LOL

Deb Wood said...

This is sooooooo adorable, I love, love, love it!!

Anita said...

Cute card! I love buttons. They are my favorite embellishment.

bumblebee creations said...

What a cute little guy!!! I love those little hedgies too!!! Wonder if they are so cute in real life? Probably not!!! I see there are even more duckie images!!! whooohooo!! I really like them! Thanks for sharing!

bumblebee creations said...

What a cute little guy!!! I love those little hedgies too!!! Wonder if they are so cute in real life? Probably not!!! I see there are even more duckie images!!! whooohooo!! I really like them! Thanks for sharing!

Kristie said...

Adorable hedgehog!!!! I love, love, love the buttons ♥ and the papers and the border and...well all of it :)

Marianne said...

Hi, there! I found your blog through another site. I love your cards! I have lots and lots of Penny Black stamps myself, which I love. I wanted to ask you--- is there a huge difference in Copic markers and Marvy markers? I have been reading so much about Copics lately and had never even heard of them until now. You have a wonderful blog site!

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

TOOO Cute!! What a little huggy thing he is! Love your coloring!
hugz
deb

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

What a cute card. I love the colors you used and I just love the duck below this one. As a matter of fact, your blog is very nice, too!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Yes. I saw the DT call and Yes I got an email saying I was accepted. I'm waiting for all the info before I post anything.

{{hugs}}

Kat said...

WOW!! Your coloring of the hedgehog & wrapping paper (on the present) is fantastic, Holly!
Soooo purr-o-fessional!! WOW!!!

Tracey said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute Holly!!! xx

msfreida said...

OHHHH this is so cute!!! I LOVE these colors together! The buttons are perfect here! I did notice the new images in my newsletter and I can't wait to go shopping!

Hugs~

Debby said...

I don't use buttons very often either but every time I see them they look so cute and this is not exception. I love it. The color was a good choice. ;-)