Saturday, March 21, 2009

I've Been Dyeing To Tell You

Okay, maybe the pun in the title of this post is a little bad, but I didn't use it on the card! LOL! Inside It will just say "Happy Easter".



This is a cute image that is so fun to color and it's from Squigglefly. She looks so proud of her colored eggs; showing them off like Vanna White! LOL!

I colored it with copic markers and added some glitter to some of the eggs. It's hard to tell in the photo unless you click on it to enlarge it, but I used two different patterns of designer paper behind the image. One side is punched with a Martha Stewart border punch, and a sheer white organza ribbon is tied around the other piece of paper.
There really isn't a lot of room for a sentiment on the front, so I left out the "I've been dyeing" part of the greeting. It's probably for the best.

If you haven't gone to join the squigglefly group on yahoo, I urge you to do so. They are just getting started, so things are a little in flux right now, but I do know that they have some great ideas you are going to want to be in on!
The weather here is just gorgeous and we are planning on taking the boat out on the river and letting Riley run around on some sandbars while my husband throws a fishing line in here and there. Some people call that fishing, but he never seems to pull in any fish so I guess he's just throwing his line in the water. LOL! Don't tell him I said that! I will probably take along an audio book and just enjoy the scenery. I hope you all enjoy your day whatever you may do! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Oh Holly is SHE CUTE!!!
Love those eggs!
hugz
deb

CRYSTAL said...

Adorable image...I think the sentiment you said would be great....LOL

Carole said...

Hi Holly
This is cute. Indeed Ester is coming soon!
Have a nice day (on the river)

Norine said...

she is so cute Holly love the coloring too
Hugs
Norine

Pam in Ar. said...

She is a cutie..kind of reminds me of myself when I was younger with that little round face LOL.
This next week is Spring Break and all of the grandkids are coming over Monday night to spend the night, maybe we'll get in the kitchen and play around like this little girl :~)

Have a great Saturday...so much for the fishing huh.....

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

This is fantastic! I think you SHOULD use that sentiment - it's perfect!

hugs,

bumblebee creations said...

Very cute image-lovely to see it colored!! sounds like you have a very relaxing, clam day planned-enjoy it!!! Can't do anything like that here yet, as it has been snowing again today-I thought you said you'd take the snow-you must have forgot, cuz it is still here!!!

msfreida said...

Oh this card brings back so many memories of dying eggs with my kiddos! This year I will spend Easter with my grandson so I will get to dye some with him. YEAAAA!

I love how you used your white pen for all the highlights. I can't get over how smooth your coloring is(as I shake my head!)...will I ever master this??? The border punch gives the perfect touch! Adorable card, Holly!

Everyone on the Squigglefly Yahoo group has been so friendly! I need to get busy coloring more images so I can share with them so maybe they can give me some helpful tips!

For all of you who do not have this fabulous weather Holly, Pam, and I are enjoying, you need to slip away down south! I'll even fix you up with a pitcher of ice cold sweet tea! As Bob Barker would say, "COME ON DOWN"!

Hugs~

LaVerne said...

Love the card. I don't see that image on Squigglefly. Am I just missing it?

Anita said...

So cute! I love the new image.

Anita said...

So cute! I love the new image.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning hOlly, this is such a gorgeous card again hunny. I received your card yesterday and the extra gift. Thank you so much. The card is even better in real life!! big hugs Linda x

Heather "Hev" said...

Very cute card :)

Love the title too!!