Monday, March 16, 2009

No Butterflies

Good morning and Happy Monday to you all! Yesterday was featured stamper day at Splitcoast Stampers and many of you know that that is one my favorite things to do. I have to say the gallery of this week's stamper was just magnificent. I plan to stalk her gallery for a while! here is the card I CASED and now for my card



It's a very simple card, but made all the more striking by using so many layers and bold colors. I cut and embossed two rectangles with nestabilities and then layered them with the red cardstock.
My words were printed out on the computer and the font I used is Bradley Hand.
I think I'd like to make more of these in different colors.
My butterfly is an unmounted stamp that I received in an unmounted swap many years ago so I do not know who makes it. I glued the body of the butterfly down, folded up the wings and doubled up some pop dots to slide under the wings to keep them propped up a little. I hand drew the antennas because it's a pain to cut those out! LOL!
I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the colors of that butterfly!!
hugz
deb

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

WOW Holly! This is gorgeous! Love the idea of popping up the wings too! I can't wait to see this in the other colors you may do!

Carole said...

I love your card. I love butterflies and you've done a great work with this one. Hope you'll show us the other one you'll do with another color!

Kristie said...

Wow, this is GORGEOUS! All those layers around that beautiful butterfly make it look like one of those fancy framed specimens. Just awesome :)

Mary said...

Your butterfly is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a wonderful job you did coloring it!

Lauri said...

This is so simple, yet so elegant. and I love the sentiment! It is so true!

msfreida said...

Kristie's right...it does look like one of those fancy framed specimens!!! This is AWESOME HOLLY! It looks so real! The way you embossed the layers is so elegant looking. I have always loved that quote...so,so true!

Hugs

msfreida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous!!!! Wow the girls are right it looks REAL!!!! LOVE all the bold wonderful colors!!!!Guess what card I am in the process of making?

Cynde said...

Your card is Gorgeous...I love all the bright colors and detail. How beautiful this would look in a shadow box frame under glass. You could do a set of 3 and have different style or colored butterflies. Just Gorgeous!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Beautiful card Holly...I love it:~)

Debby said...

Wow! Purty!

Kat said...

I like your card better than the one you CASEd ... partly 'cuz it is horizontal rather than vertical, but mainly 'cuz of all that dimension! Kinda like a 'shadow box' but the opposite, ya know? Beautiful! Love the bold red!!

And such a wise idea to *draw* the antennae rather than attempting to cut out. I never thought of that, geez!

Emma said...

Gorgeous and what a beautiful quote.
Emma x

Becky said...

This is a gorgeous butterfly, I love how you colored this.