Thursday, March 26, 2009

Oh Nuts!

Good morning all! If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's post and you'd like to have a chance to win the card, you still have until noon!

Today I have a fun little card that I enjoyed making. I used Simon Squirrel from squigglefly and colored him with copic markers.



I chalked the backgound and highlighted with a white gel pen. I embossed the top part of the card with one of the little border embossing folders from Provocraft. There are four different borders in each package. This one comes from the Just My Type package. The designer paper I used is from Basic Grey's mellow collection.
I printed the words with my computer and used a free font from 1001 fonts called Bear Paw. You can get it here.
I recently asked the squigglefly group on yahoo if anyone could come up with more ideas for greetings to use with this squirrel image and got some fantastic ideas from the people there. If you haven't joined why not? You can do that by going here. I think the group will be a lot of fun once we get more members contributing their thoughts and ideas.
Also, Squigglefly has a Blog Hop happening next week! There will be lots of opportunities to win some awesome prizes and I'm sure the design team will be showing you some fantastic samples! The blog hop will take place April 1st through the 5th, so stay tuned for that!
Alright, I'll be back a little after noon to announce the winner of the card! Have a great day and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Stef H (GlitterbabeGreetings) said...

Adorable! And your coloring is fantastic! Thanks for the link for the free font!

Hugs,

Norine said...

just the cutest card love the saying
Hugs
Norine

msfreida said...

I LOVE THIS ONE! He's the cutest lil guy! Boy your coloring really shows up with this gray, and the hint of pink on his ears and cheeks is perfect! AWESOME JOB!

Thanks for the link...I am a vowed fontaholic so I will definitely check it out!

I'm really excited about the blog hop next week! I know those gals will have a fun week in store. I am loving that group! Can't say enough about their friendliness and eagerness to help! :)

Hugs~

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the saying!

bumblebee creations said...

Awesome card Holly!!! Your coloring is jut so superb!!! I will be emailing you shortly!

Pam in Ar. said...

I like this card!!! I really like the cuttlebug background :~) You always pick just the right colors, Holly...that's what I need to work on next!

Kat said...

What a nutty squirrel. *g*
I had to laugh when I read the background paper is from the "mellow" collection. Nothing mellow about it, IMHO. I was thinking how very "busy" it looks. haha!
Great backgrounds to use with this squirrely character. :-D

Lauri said...

This is so cute!! I love your coloring...and the sentiment is so funny!

Debby said...

Man I can't keep with you! My creative juices don't work that fast. I have to make everything difficult before something comes to fruition. :-(

I love this squirrel. I think I need him. And you know. Your collage card was just fine. We are our own worst critics after all are we not. See ya round chickie!

Chris (catt871) said...

hehehe, cute!! your sentiment is perfect!!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

That squirrel is just too cute! Great card!