Thursday, March 19, 2009

Simply Thinking

As I've mentioned before I am in charge of the birthday lists on a couple of internet rubberstamping groups I belong to. On one of those groups I also run what we call a RAK list. This is a list where people can request cards be sent to someone who may be celebrating something or just someone who may need some cheery mail. This month I had one person who requested a card be sent to her mom because her mom had fallen and broken her arm, and Freida who leaves comments on my blog all the time mentioned that her mother in law had broken her ankle (or maybe it was her leg?) while collecting the mail for a friend, and Karin from scrap everything just had her mom come home from the hospital and she wanted to cheer her up with cards, so I got busy and made a few quick cards for these ladies.




I used the Stampin Up sets Best Blossoms and Sincere Salutations. I sponged around the edges to soften it, pierced around the top and
one side, and tied a bow around the corner. It's super quick because there's no coloring!
I have been really loving seeing all the wonderful cards the squigglefly design team have been making. So many super talented people out there, and I'm excited to tell you that the design team has set up a squigglefly group on yahoo! Why don't you go join here and share all of your squigglefly creations and see what others are doing?
The weather here is more summer like than spring like, and I am not a warm weather loving person! My routine of walking Riley in the mornings is having to change because of it. I have to walk her earlier before it gets too warm, and it's throwing me all off. I haven't slept well the last few nights either, so I'm super glad that tomorrow is Friday! I hope you all have a wonderful day and I thank you so much for stopping by to see what I've been up to!

11 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Lovely card and beautiful colors...I'm sure the ladies will smile when they receive your cards...

Norine said...

so soft and pretty like the touch of ribbon to
Hugs
Norine

Pam in Ar. said...

You are so sweet Holly..not only do you give us cards EVERY day, but you send to others too :~) Thank you!!!!

I know what you mean about the weather..we took a 3 hour drive in the mountains yesterday..so pretty..

I also know what you mean about not sleeping well lately too, I got up at 2:30 yesterday morning..I think it's the warm weather..we can't waste a second of it LOL..

Have a great Thursday everyone :~)

LouAnne said...

Hi, Holly-
I'm so glad to see this set being used. I received it as a gift years ago, and couldn't find any iddeas on how to use it. )I'm a total CASER). So thanks for a lovely idea, and thanks for being so thoughtful to ladies who need some TLC.

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Very pretty! I love the colors.
hugz
deb

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

Super card! Like the colors.

bumblebee creations said...

I am hearing ya on the whole sleeping thing!!! Yikes!
I love this card-so elegant, and what color of ink is that if ya don't mind me asking-it is gorgeous!!! love how you've made the paper piercing-long as I am asking ?'s- what do you put your paper on while piercing it? Thanks for swharing Holly-Wanna trade for the snow we have got today?

Emma said...

Gorgeous card Holly...so pretty.
Emma x

msfreida said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I was just about to email you to find out what stamp set you used because her card is SOOOO GORGEOUS! I LOVED IT and I won't even begin to tell you what it meant to her! The kids and I went over for a visit so I could cook some things they could keep in the freezer. While there, she had so many friends to stop by and guess what she HAD to show off??? Yep, YOUR CARD! Anything handmade is priceless to her because she does not have an artistic bone in her body...God love her!!! This will become a treasured keepsake to her, Holly, just as you are to me.

I am so excited to hear about Squigglefly's Yahoo group! I belong to many Yahoo groups, but this will definitely be my favorite! YAHOOOO!!! :)

Thanks again for sharing your thoughtfulness with my mother-in-law. You are one special lady! :)

Big hug~

Anonymous said...

Hi Holly,
I love your card and the colors you have chosen - that's a great set isn't it. It's useful for so many different occasions, and there's enough variety in it that you don't even have to use each stamp. I'm enjoying your blog - thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs, Anne - dinkuminkum at yahoo dot co dot nz

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

LOVE this! So soft and pretty.