Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Has Sprung!

Yea, it's Friday! We had another little round of cool weather come in yesterday. I think this might be what they call blackberry winter. It's nice though because I know the really hot weather will be here soon, so I am enjoying the cool days while I can. Even with the coolness you can't miss the fact that spring has arrived. Everything here is popping out.
My best friend's mom is an avid gardener. She knows the names of every wildflower native to our state and even some that aren't! She's always growing little plants for me to plant in my garden and giving me tips on what to grow and every spring she's itching to get in her yard. So, I made this card for her.



(click on it for a larger image)

This image is from Squigglefly.com and it's called Gardener. I colored it with copic markers and chalked the background. Then I matted it with some brown cardstock and used two pieces of designer paper on the card. The little "Spring has sprung" is a clear unmounted stamp that I got off ebay and I have no idea what company it's from. I used some rub on stitches between the two papers.
Now, I know you want to see the inside cause it's the best part




LOL! She called me up after she got it and told me it just made her day. Isn't it nice to hear that the cards you send make people happy? I hope you all got a good chuckle out of it too!

Okay, the copic coloring video you all asked for is finished. I just have to get it uploaded and I will have it for you tomorrow. I did do the Naughty Puppy image that most of you asked for. So be sure to come back for that! Have a safe Friday the 13th (yikes, and a full moon too!) and thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

Now this is funny! The sentiment that it is. Your card is fabulous.... and perfect for your gardening friend! I just love it!

CRYSTAL said...

That is just too darn funny!!! Perfect wording on inside...

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Oh Holly this is such a fabulous card and that image is just great! it would suit my dad to a "t". Shall have to go and buy it me thinks! thank you for sharing, hugs Linda x

msfreida said...

When I first saw this at Squigglefly, I knew I had to have it! IT IS SO HILARIUS! I LOVE what you did with it! You "crack" me up Holly! LOL

Have an awesome weekend everyone!
Hugs~

Tracey said...

haha That card made me giggle a little!! xx

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

Too funny! LOL!

Robin M said...

Oh Holly, That card cracked me up...Thanks for the howl..
Robin

bumblebee creations said...

o Holly!! You are a smart one! I love it!!!! I wish I had your clever mind when it comes to sentiment!!! I am in awe!!! Thanks for the laugh on my lunch break!!

Anita said...

Awesome card! Another fantastic image. I love the saying on your card.

Kristie said...

Another great card, beautifully coloured with a hilarious sentiment!!! Love it ♥
Can't wait for the video!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL you "crack" me up Holly....Love the cards you've been making lately, can't wait to see the video...three cheers for Playful Puppy :~)

Have a great weekend....

renee said...

hee hee hee This is just to cute!! I love the image and the sentiment,to funny! tfs. Blessings. Renee

Shellys Crafts said...

I love that card. made me LOL.... I'm going to have to get that stamp and saying. thanks for sharing and for the good laugh. Shelly.

Greg B said...

Fantastic Card reminds me of all the blokes in my family we have the backside "cleavage". It is a very funny card and I will always have a chuckle when I think of it.

Thanks
Greg B
www.iwcc.iinet.net.au
www.whistlingcrafter.blogspot.com

Emma said...

Fantastic and soooo funny...
Emma x

Debby said...

Holy cow everytime I see that image I crack up. Nowadays it seems like everywhere you go someone is showing a bit of something crack. Ain't it crazy.