Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sweet Birthday

My friend who is a Stampin Up Demonstrator let me borrow a couple of her stamp sets. Today's card uses the set called Crazy For Cupcakes. Everytime I say that set name I hear the "Cuckoo for Coco Puffs" commercial in my head! LOL!
Anyway, I haven't had near enough time to play around with the sets I borrowed, but this is the first card I made with the cupcake set.




I really like this. I embossed the yellow cardstock with the Happy Birthday background embossing folder from Provocraft. The dotted paper is from Stampin Up and I stamped the cupcake holder on the back side of the paper and cut it out. Then the top part of the cupcake was stamped on the same yellow cardstock and cut out and mounted on top. I punched little cirlces from the dotted paper and glued them to the cupcake for sprinkles and then used stickles on it too.
My "Happy Birthday" at the bottom is a clear stamp from Stampendous and was stamped in a turquois ink, and I found the perfect color twill to use. In an effort to put something on the inside of my cards I stamped a verse that came with the set and then punched a flower out of the designer paper.



I had to return the sets to her, so for now this is the only card I had a chance to make with it this time. I do plan on borrowing it again in the near future and finding time to make some cards.

I hope you all have a fabulous day, and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the colors in today's card... you don't make many cards that you don't color, I like the paper piecing on this one...thanks for sharing :~)

bumblebee creations said...

I love these cool colors!!! your cupcake looks good enough to eat!!! makes one yummy card!!! Have a great day!!

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Gorgeous! Those colors together are just awesome!!
Great card!
hugz
deb

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

What a great card! I love the colors you chose! So soft and pretty! Great job!

Marianne said...

Very cute card! I love the colors! I have that Cuttlebug embossing folder, but I haven't even used it yet. But I think I'll pull it out now and make some cards. Thanks for the inspiration!!
Have a great day!

Emma said...

Gorgeous Holly...love the cupcake and the colours.
Emma x

Anita said...

Cute card! I like how you embossed the yellow.

Nicole said...

This card is beautiful Holly. As always. Your coloring skills are AWESOME girlfriend. OMG...I love the cards you sent me they are fab! HUGS! Nicole : )

Nora said...

Very pretty! I like the twill tape on there, too, instead of a ribbon (nice touch).
Thanks for sharing!
~hugs~

msfreida said...

Boy, the others are right about these colors...THEY ROCK! This is an awesome card...wish I could play too when you get them again! Love how you did the cupcake holder...very clever! ;)

Hugs~