Saturday, March 7, 2009

This Is Going To Bug You

Hey everyone! I know that a lot of you have fallen in love with the little girls from Inky Impressions, and the day of their release along with many other adorable images is nearing ever closer. In fact Nicole is having a design team call! Find out all you need to know here!

Well today if you live in a place that follows daylight savings time, you will lose an hour today. Adjusting to the time change is always a challenge for me. The hardest part is that it stays light so much later, and we are always out with Riley in the park in the afternoons; usually until dusk. With it being so much later before dusk arrives, we end up getting home later and I find myself with less time to do the things I need to do. I know it shouldn't be that hard to just go home at a certain time, but it's hard to leave sometimes when your dog is having such a good time hunting for mice and moles and smelling everything there is to smell! I know we spoil her rotten! She was aptly named because she really does live the life of Riley! LOL!
Anyway, all of that was just my way of reminding you to set your clocks forward before you go to bed tonight!
I think whomever it was who came up with the daylight savings time idea just did it bug us! Which brings me to today's card



The little ladybug image was sent to me by a friend so I don't know who makes it. I colored with copic markers and then chalked the sky and ground. Then I stamped little sprigs of grass and added stickles to the flower.
The paper is from Stampin Up, and I printed the words out on the computer. See all the little round holes in the red paper? That is from a new border punch I bought at Michaels. EK Success has come out with a bunch of new border punches that are really neat. This one punches double holes, but also if you push harder when you punch it will emboss a line bewtween the rows of holes. Pretty slick huh?
I have something else I think is pretty slick to show you tomorrow, but for now I'm just going to leave you with this little teaser.




Find out why I showed you this tomorrow! LOL! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

I do think Daylight Savings Time is so NOT necessary these days! Why do we have to put ourselves thru the adjustment period??

Cute, cute card and I have to share with you that I have that punch, but I didn't know about the embossing the line part. WOW! I was wondering why it had lines in the name when I couldn't see any lines when I punched. LOL I'll have to try it today.

Thanks for sharing that little tidbit!

Pam in Ar. said...

I like the part about daylight savings when it stays lighter later..that would be starting tomorrow LOL. I woke up this morning to the birds singing out in the yard, and the smells of Spring blowing through my opened window...now THAT'S what I'm talking about :~)

The colors you used in today's card were very bright...good choice, cute little bug :~)

bumblebee creations said...

awwww...... what a totally cute cute card!!!! : )
Cant wait to see what you have in store for tomorrow!

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

What a cute card! I love the "bug" and you did a great job! I really love the sky and grass too! I have to give that a try!
I can handle Daylight Savings Time, but the dogs can't! LOL
Great card!
hugz
deb

Tracey said...

Love the card Holly! The ladybug is adorable! xx

Carole said...

This card is cute! I think you showed us tomorrow....because you found a new way of storing your ribbons or you are going to show us your organised craft room!

msfreida said...

Oh I LOVE ladybugs! This is so cute! They have so many new border punches out now that are so beautiful. Hopefully my budget will allow me to get one soon!

I am truly a creature of habit so I hate it when the time changes! I just wish they would leave it alone, one way or the other.

Oh what have you done with these sacred ribbons??? I think my ribbon is my most prized possession in my scraproom...even over those delectable papers! LOL Can't wait to see what you have to share! :)

Hugs~

Kat said...

hmmm....Now we have a ladybug without a nose or mouth. ;-D

DST: I wish we would just stay on it always. :-)

Kristie said...

That bug is just adorable :) And I love that punch...I'm going to have to see if any of the online stores I shop at has that one!
I'm with you on DST...last year they decided that we all needed another 4 weeks a year! The state where I grew up doesn't do DST...they're the only smart ones in Australia :) I'm over it and dreading the change back...it takes forever to get used to it :(
Can't wait to see what you've done with all that delicious ribbon!!!

Debby said...

Ah I bought that punch too. Except my poor old tired eyes can't see where to line it up to get a continuous punch. I'm still playing with it. I like what you did with it here.

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Holly, i hope you are well hun and enjoying your weekend. Whats the weather like with you? the sun is out here in the uk but its very cold!

I love this cute card and what a cute image. I love this card my friend.

Enjoy the rest of the weeekend, hugs Linda x

Mary said...

Aw, how cute is that bug?? LOVE this card- the colors, all the dots and I think I NEED that dotted border punch! Thanks for enabling me! ;)

I love having the extra daylight in the evenings, but I HATE the idea that it's dark again now when I get up! (I feel that when it's dark, I should be in bed!)