Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Twisted Card

Okay, today you will all see just how twisted I can be. I almost didn't even share this card with you, but I decided I'd just let you in on my thought process as I made this. I printed out the little image of the girl and doll from squigglefly.com and sat down to color it and make a cute little card. Maybe something about best friends. As I started coloring it though, I started thinking about a doll I had when I was a kid and then I remembered an old Twilight Zone episode where a girl and her doll would change places and the real girl would be a doll for a while and the doll would be alive. The episode scared me so badly that I imagined my doll was wanting me to become a doll so she could be alive and I frightened myself so badly I ended up getting rid of the doll!
So with all these thoughts going through my mind, the sweet little image of a girl playing with her doll turned into something much more sinister. Then I saw a rubber stamp that said
"Don't make me get out my voodoo doll!" and I knew I had to use those words with the image. So I present to you today my twisted card




The font I used for the words is called Enviro D. I colored with copic markes and chalked the background. The card is embossed with an Ellison texture plate. I was going to get all crazy with the chalk and make it all dark with an eerie glow coming from the doll, but I didn't want to scare all of you into thinking I was completely nuts, so I didn't. I still want to though! LOL!
Have you seen all the people who have been selected to be on the Squigglefly design team? I don't know who all has been picked, but I've seen a few posts and I'm excited about seeing what they make!
Tomorrow is card give away, so be sure to come back for that!
Thanks for stopping by today, and have a wonderful day!

17 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

I love the sentiment....I, myself am quite twisted... out of the box so to speak....LOL
I love those shows too!!! Still watch them, now all my kids are horror show buffs...

Great card!!!

TeresaW said...

There is nothing better than making a joke about something that frightens you, somehow it seems less scary if you can laugh at it. I like it, I won't be able to think of anything else now, when I see the image. Hahaha

catt871 said...

LOVE it!!!! That sentiment is perfect!!!! I'd love to see the sinister card though!!!!
Chris

Anita said...

Holly,
I love your card. The saying is awesome.

Pam in Ar. said...

I don't care for those kinds of shows myself, but that doesn't mean I'm not twisted :~) (evil grin and sinister laugh).....

Isn't it funny how we can be thinking about one thing and our mind wanders to another and another?? LOL I thought it was just me...glad to see I'm in good company :~)

Great card!

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

That is sooo funny!! Love the sentiment and love the image!
you did a great job!!
This is diffently out of the box! LOL
hugz
deb

Nora said...

*ROFL* Sounds like something I'd say! I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

Oh, how wonderful is this card!?!? I love it!! The sentiment is perfect...LOVE it!!

msfreida said...

Oh this is SO ME!!! PERFECT sentiment...I mean, look at her expression!

I LOVE the texture of this embossing plate! Will they go through a Cuttlebug or old Sizzix?

hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

well, I am very glad to hear that you are normal!! I think this is a very funny card, and even think the image is adorable!!!

Debby said...

Yep I knew it. I knew there was a reason I liked you so much. ;-)

btw. I am on the squigglefly design team! how bout them crackers.

Kristie said...

I want to see the spookier version...go on, do it!!! I dare you :) I love all that creepy, spooky stuff...always have! Actually, my nickname from my brothers and sisters is Twisted Sister....I'm sure that tells you alot...LOL!
Make the spooky card....please?????

Stef H: (Illinois, US) said...

And you think I'm funny???? This was a very funny little story, but I can see where it was scary for you! Well, you're all grown up now and your card is fabulous! Thnks so much for using Squigglefly. Don't cha just love it! And thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my blog. Nice to meet you!

Kristin said...

I WANT that sentiment stamp!! No, I NEED it !! :-) hehe, love it, holly!

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Good morning Holly. What a gorgeous card hun, and that image is so adorable. I will have to take a look at the new digi downloads when i get paid next! thank you for so much lovely inspiration. Hugs Linda x

Deb Wood said...

LOL, your still funny, but npw a bit scary too!! hehehehe!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

*snort*

The sentiment should totally be on a man card though. ;)