Monday, March 30, 2009

Voices In My Head

Good morning! I sure enjoyed my weekend and was not ready for Monday morning to come crashing back so soon! Maybe I've got spring fever! As much as I don't enjoy Monday mornings, at least I am feeling better than this girl



(click to enlarge)

This funny image is from Squigglefly. She looks like she's about to pull her hair out doesn't she? I colored her with copic markers and added a little bit of chalk around her. The designer paper was picked for the colors, and I like the bit of glitter in it too.
It is from DCWV mat stack. The words are computer generated in a font called Australian Sunrise.
I added different colored buttons to the side just for added interest and tied a purple knot at the top. I'm wishing now I had tied some thread through the buttons, but I got a little lazy. I think I'm going to pull those buttons off and add some thread before I send it.

Kristin gave me an award yesterday!


Thanks Kristin! My nominations for this award have to go to the Squigglely Design Team because they have just been awesome! Please go pay them all a visit
1. Anita
2. Chris
3. Deb
4. Debby
5. Emma
6. Karin
7. Kim
8. Rhonda
9. Shelly
10. Stef

Remember that Wednesday is the beginning of the Squigglefly blog hop! I promise you will all have so much fun and you don't want to miss out on the great prizes from the design team!
Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

WOW Holly! That card is fantastic! The colors, the paper and even the buttons WITHOUT the thread!

Thank you for the award and the kind words. You are very special!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Thats me some days..... bwahahahahaha....great card!!!

msfreida said...

I was going to ask if you were looking in my window this morning b/c that's what I looked like...but then again, you wouldn't be seeing THIS belly! I am NOT a Monday lover and boy does it show!

This card is awesome! I love what you did with the image with the colors you used, especially on her pants. WOW...the way you came back with the brown to shade really makes them stand out! I bet you whipped this up in just a few min, where I would dwell on it for hrs! I wish I could be your shadow for one day! :)

Congrats on your award and to the Squigglefly team as well! All of you deserve to be recognized for your outstanding talents and sharing them with others. A phrase just popped back in my head from my teaching days "plays well with others"...yeah, this describes y'all too! ;)

Hugs~

Marianne said...

I LOVE your spring trees card! I've never seen or used the "flower soft". I'm going to have to find that- it looks great! All of your work is wonderful!

bumblebee creations said...

This is what I feel like today!!! ('cept you would've had to color the nose red too!!!!) I do love your card though Holly, and I think it is fine without the threads - but I think you are probably gonna change it anyhow-huh? Sometimes we just gotta do what we think no matter what anyone else says!

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Fantastic card...love the sentiment but then again I always love the wording you put on your cards, guaranteed to make me laugh.
Aw thank you soooo much for the award.
Emma x

Chris (catt871) said...

awww thanks HOlly!! You're the best too!!!!! I love your card, that sentiment is sooooooooo true!!!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

OMGosh....that is so me today LOL, I think I'm going nuts I've got so much going on these next two weeks.

Thanks for the laugh Holly :~) great image...

Kristie said...

Once again you've made me laugh! I think I'll have to buy that image...that's what my sister looks like most days with 4 kids to run around after....LOL! You are so clever and talented!!!!

InkHearts said...

That is really cute! And hey, she even kind of looks like you... hehehehehe (she SOUNDS more like me!)

Blessings,
Shannon