Monday, March 9, 2009

What Bird?

Every Saturday Paper Craft Planet has a sketch challenge and I actually found time to participate this week! The sketch is a super easy one, and one that is great for using small images. I decided to use the cute little Tom Cat from squigglefly. I shrunk him down to about one and a half inches wide and colored him with copic markers. Then I used circle nestabilities to cut him out along with a scalloped border. Then I punched a teeny hole in his mouth and inserted two little bird feathers I found outside.



One thing I did on this card that I like is instead of using ribbon, I used a strip of fabric that I tore. I like the frayed look with a cat image. It looks like the cat did the damage! LOL! The sentiment is printed out on the computer in a font called Matisse.

I haven't forgotten about doing the coloring video, and there's another video I want to make for you too. Just hang in there and I'll get to them soon!
Have a great day, and thank you so much for stopping by!

20 comments:

Debbie said...

Holly, that is such a cool card...I used to do a painted wood piece attached to a bird feeder, years ago...gosh, this brought back some memories...that would make a great framed art piece for a cat or bird lover...my cat stalks birds at the feeders, but he never gets any...hugs, Debbie

Lauri said...

So funny!!! I laughed out loud when I saw this !!!!! Thanks for the Monday morning laugh!

Norine said...

this is just too funny and so creative
Hugs
Norine

Jeanne said...

I got a good giggle from this card! What a great way to start a Monday morning, seeing this fun card!

Thanks for sharing!

LaVerne said...

How funny, Holly. I love that little cat!

msfreida said...

Oh this is too cute!!! Very clever using the torn material too!

I have a bird sanctuary in my back yard and it is my favorite place to escape to. Well, we also have some neighborhood cats who like to ponder over as well until they see me with a broom in one hand and a hose in the other! Yes, I've have to rescue a bird or two! :)

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

O I love this card!!! I am sitting here laughing out loud!!! How funny!! Cant wait to see the videos!

Marianne said...

What a darling card! I love the feathers coming out of his mouth- you are so clever!
Have a terrific day!

MANDEE said...

Thank You so much for your wonderful comment! I have your blog in my favorites and visit yours everyday! You totally made my day!

Emma said...

Fantastic card...love the torn material and the texture on the cat.
Emma x

Pam in Ar. said...

Now THAT....is a cute card :~)

Mary said...

GREAT card!!! Made me giggle!

Debby said...

Once again you are oh so full of cleverness. Cute!

PatBowman said...

OMG - what a hoot!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is great! So funny and cute!!! I'm just getting ready to call it a day and you gave me a smile to sleep on. Thanks!

MJ said...

Very funny and so cute!

TeresaW said...

I like the way you think. It's fun. Hope you find time to do the video, I need all the help I can get.

Stampin' Meg said...

ADORABLE!!!

Deb Wood said...

Thanks for the giggles, this is precious and priceless!!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

lmao! You're on a roll this week, girl!