Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Whoo Loves Ya?

Happy Hump Day! I hope all of you are having a wonderful week so far! I'm excited to show you today's card because I really like it so I'm just gonna get right to it!




Isn't it cute? I just love the way it turned out. The little owl is a clear stamp from Penny Black and the branch is a flourish that is also a clear stamp and I think it's from Penny Black too. I didn't even know they made clear stamps until recently and I found these on e bay. Anyway, I colored the little owl with copic markers and chalked the background. I added little punched flowers to the branch, cut the owl out and glued her on the branch. Wanna see the inside?



All the words are computer generated and I used a font called Batik. I really like the way the double ribbons turned out too. I just happened to have the perfect colors for it! I love when cards just "happen".
I have a cute story to share with you all today. If you visit my blog often and read the comments, then you are familiar with Pam. Well she is the one who shared this story with me. She told me yesterday she had been to squigglefly to see the new images and she said she thought her favorite was this one
here's what Pam said
"It reminded me of what my youngest granddaughter, Payton, said to me..."Nana, the dentist said when I get bigger, I'm gonna get bracelets on my teeth"."
I just thought that was the cutest story!
I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

TeresaW said...

I love that little Owl, and the pink blossom on the tree. I think your bracelet story is priceless! I love the innocents of what children come out with.

Norine said...

what a cute cute card
Hugs
Norine

bumblebee creations said...

love your card- that owl is really adorable!! I would like to know how you color without leaving streaks!!! on mine you always see where i have been! does that sense?

Pam in Ar. said...

bumblebee creations is so right...you do such a great job with your coloring Holly...the owl is precious...thanks for sharing Payton's little story, she is so much fun :~)

As far as your card goes..this comes to mind..

I just love it when a plan comes together...LOL remember the show that line came from???

Tracey said...

That card is SO adorable...not to mention the story Pam's Granddaughter...priceless. I love that paper, any chance you know where it's from??? Have a super day!

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

I love this owl! Cute!

Kat said...

I'm not 'into' owls but hey - this one sure is cute. Your card is sooo jolly - love that! And Pam's/Payton's bracelet story is adorable. LOL

Deb Wood said...

This is gorgeous!! I love that DP too!! Love the little flowers on the branches! Awesome!

msfreida said...

Whoaa...I have a lot to catch up on! I had a family emergency and have been out of town, but all along I was wondering what you gals were up to!

Well I can see the inspiration is thriving! :) This card is not only adorable, but it is so pretty, Holly! I love the colors and the way you chalked the background. Don't 'cha just love using a flourish for a branch!!!The double ribbon is double whammy too! Love it! And girls, you're not alone with your streaks! I get so frustrated with mine.

Pam, your story is priceless! Thanks so much for sharing it! It reminded me of my precious 1st graders when I taught. You never knew what would come out of their mouths! Precious memories!

Hugs~

Kristie said...

WOW...that is one gorgeous card! Love everything about it...the colouring, the stamps, the ribbon and especially the paper! I wanna know where that comes from too...I think I need some :)

catt871 said...

CUUUUUTE!!!!!

Janis said...

I love, love, love the owl, eyelashes, tree branch, flowers on the branch, and colors. So pretty. Good job!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Oh, my goodness what an ADORABLE owl image! Those eyelashes are a 'hoot'! :) Beautiful color combination- one of my favorites!! All round fabulous job on this!

Debby said...

That is a cute story and I love your owl. Can't get any cuter then that.