Thursday, April 2, 2009

At Your Service

okay, so we had a few glitches in the start of the blog hop yesterday, but that's one reason we have it lasting until April 5th! It gives us time to work out the kinks and more time for you to enter! Plus, there's more days of great eye candy from all the design team!
If you are participating in the Squigglefly Blog Hop, you'll want to go to the beginning by visiting Anita's blog. Everyone in the hop has some great prizes up for grabs. I'm giving away a set of 12 assorted colors of flock, a new Inksentials white gel pen, and a small tin of assorted embellishments.




For your chance to win you will need to leave a comment here and post about the blog hop on your blog. If you don't have a blog, just tell a few friends about the hop! The blog hop will last until Sunday April 5th. Don't leave yet though because I tell you where to hop to next after I show you what I made!

Today I have a card that uses another brand spanking new image from Squigglefly that I just love!



I printed the image twice; once on designer paper and I cut the shower curtain and the rug out of the paper and pieced it over the image. I used the same designer paper on the background. I used some stitches rub ons at the top of the designer paper and it kind of looks like shower curtain rings, don't cha think? LOL!

I colored the image with copic markers and chalked the background. The words are computer generated. Inside the card says "just one of my many services. signed, your cat" LOL! I know my cat seems to strut around here like I should be grateful he's gracing me with his presence sometimes, so I can picture him writing something like this to me if he could!

Did any of you get to Squigglefly's site yesterday and see the new images? How funny is that cat lady? Also, did you see that now you can put a face to artists and (most) of the design team?
So now when you hear me talking about my kids you'll know what they look like! LOL!
Thanks for taking the time to visit, and now it's time for you to hop over and see what Karin has to show you today!

23 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I could not picture a card in my head with that image and know I can! This is fabulous! I love the cat lady image! Oh, did I tell you your girls are goregous????

I think the hop is a huge success and I'm having the time of my life!

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

So fun! Love that kitty and the image! LOL

msfreida said...

HOW CUTE!And another one to add to my must haves! Reminds me too much of our own fur baby! You must have gotten up extra early to think of printing it twice on DP to paper piece! Before I read it, I was amazed at how the rug and shower curtain matched the background. DUH!!!VERY CLEVER! And to think of using "stitches" for the rings is so smart! The sentiment is PURRRFECT! You just have it all together gal! I TOTALLY LOVE THIS ONE! ;)

Ms Catlady is another one on my list! That expression! Oh I just love her!

I'm so excited that I get to hop again today! You gals have worked so hard and it definitely shows. Let me get my notebook ready! :)

Hugs~

CRYSTAL said...

That is one cute image.... it reminded me of the movie "Pyscho" though... LOL I'm a horror movie buff. Great card and love the paper piecing.

Jackie said...

The hop sounds like fun, but it sounds like I better get started. Oops, I think I just did!
Love your creations, thanks so much for sharing them with us all.

Anita said...

Cute card! What a cool new image.

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Fantastic card...love your sentiment!!
The hop seems to be going brilliantly...I have tons of comments so word is getting about. Woo hoo....Emma x

Joan said...

This card made me chuckle!!!! too cute!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh what a really sweet card!! I love that image!! It's been a fun hop and I've already mentioned it on my blog yesterday!! I hope it's a great success for everyone!! :)

bumblebee creations said...

AMAZING!!! I wondered how you did the shower curtain-genious you are!!! This is such a neat image! Well, hope you have a great day!

mitch1066 said...

blog candy woooohooo!such a great way to discover new blogs too.

Pam in Ar. said...

Oh goody...I can play too. I'm going to hop all over this internet leaving a trail behind me LOL
I thought I couldn't play because I didn't have a blog :(

Love the border punch on today's card, and of course, anything with a cat on it gets my vote..Love it!

Kat said...

What a purrfect day fur you to post this purrfectly delightful 'n adorable towel-warming-kitty card .... on my Sunshine girl's 17th birthday!!! And this is quite a celebration fur her 'cuz she has hyperthyroidism, fur which she canNOT take the normal med rx'd by vets. (It caused bone marrow suppression in her.) So I've been treating her with alternative methods fur over 2 years now. ... Can you tell I am excited about her turning 17 and still looking great & feeling purrty great?!!! purrrr..... =^..^=

Kristie said...

One of the reasons that I love coming to your blog each day (apart from your amazing colouring skills) is that you never fail to make me smile...and sometimes just flat out laugh out loud. Thanks for being such a bright spot in my day :)
This card is just gorgeous...as usual I love it ♥

stampqueen said...

Love this card!!! I have 3 towel warmers myself :) hee hee

Char in So Cal said...

Aren't blog hops fun?! I am going to e-mail my stampin' friends and tell them about this one!

Thanks for the op to win some YUMMY blog candy!!

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}
darn spammers! lol

Cheri Howard said...

Cute cards, Holly! I love the paper piecing!

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

I will be adding a link about the blog hop to my blog soon. Thanks for the chance to win.

Carole said...

Hi Holly
This is a lovely card. I love the way you pieced your image. This image too is cute!

Tumbleweed Trails said...

Hee Hee, what a cute card.

JD

visionquest2020@msn.com

Lori said...

i can see my cat doing this too, lol. i love how you made the shower curtain and rug, i will have to try this too. lovely card
Lori Smanski
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Regina said...

this is fantastic! Wonderful image!
Greetings Regina

Debby said...

This is great. How cute.