Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dancin' With My Daddy

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

Hi everyone! I have a card today that was made for one of the Splitcoast Stampers vsn challenges. This challenge was an interesting one. The theme of the whole VSN is Las Vegas, and this particular challenge was based on blackjack. Different point values were given for various card elements and you had to try to get as close to 21 as possible. Here's my card


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this just the cutest image? I can remember my dad letting me stand on his feet so I could "dance" with him. Anyway, this card adds up to 21 for the blackjack thing. I got five points for each stamp used. I used the digital stamp First Dance from squigglefly, and I used the Stampin Up background stamp Filigree.
Then I got three points for the designer paper, 3 points for the brads (one each), and then one point for each layer. I counted the card itself as a layer, the scalloped rectangle is a layer, the image is a layer, and the sentiments as a layer because they are popped up over the image.
This was a fun card to make adding up the points as I went! My dad isn't here to give this to, so I'd like to give it to someone who could use it. First person to comment saying they think I'm fabulous will get it. LOL! Just kidding! First person to tell me they'd like to have it will get it.
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what I've done. I hope you have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Such a sweet card....I would like to have it, but I already have a great fathers day card that you made... Someone else needs to get a fab card from you...I dont want to be greedy...LOL These images are perfect and as always, you do a wonderful job by adding a fun sentiment!!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

BINGO! Oops wrong game!

BLACKJACK! This sure looks more than 21 points! I'd give it 97!

Hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

Love it....I would love to have it too but I'm a little bit passed that stage of my life ( I'm all grown up)....someome with little kids needs this card. They will be very lucky to get it too :~)

Thanks for all of the wonderful cards you share with us Holly, we really do appreciate you :~)

Becky said...

This is so sweet, and I have forgotten how I danced on my fathers feet as a little girl.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly!! your card is way fantastic!!I love that image-just havent got it yet,cuz I think I am going to be super busy creating with the ONE A DAY IN MAY!!!!
It's almost here-and I am soooo excited! I know you just sent me a card-so I would feel guilty taking the card too! (although if you don't get a taker-Emily would be pleased as punch to give this to her daddy!!) Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations!

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Hope you are well. Fantastic card...used to love dancing on my dads feet.
Brilliant theme to the challenge.
Emma x