Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dream BIG

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!


Hi everyone! This week is speeding by isn't it? Last night I finished making up this card.


(click to enlarge)

I used the squigglefly image Me And the Flowers and colored it with copic markers. I chalked a sky background and then added a big dollop of crystal lacquer in the center of the flowers and poured on some of that chunky black glitter. I was going to put some brown sand on it but I couldn't find my colored sand. In the end I like the black chunky glitter better anyway; it looks like these flowers are loaded with sunflower seeds! LOL!
Here's a close up of the chunky glitter



Doesn't it kind of look like sunflower seeds?

I used a scalloped rectangle nestabilities die and cut just the front leaving the folded edge un cut. I tied a sheer orange ribbon around the top scallop. I wanted bright yellow, but the only yellow ribbon I have has white dots on it and I didn't want that. The designer paper I used to mat the image on the front is also used inside the card so that the scallops show up better when the card is closed. Here's another view of the card partially opened.



The words were printed on my computer with a font called Batik Regular on a lightweight linen paper so you can kind of see the image through the paper.
I think it turned out cute! What do you think?

12 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Oh, it's better than cute.... it's SUPER!!! and lovely and creative and I love it!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

That is a super adorable card...love the glitter!!!

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card hun beautiful colouring, luv these digi stamps, sue.x

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW this is soooo cool! I love it! Reminds me of Alice in Wonderland!!
Great job!
hugz
deb

Carole said...

Hi Holly
Indeed your card is really cute. I love what you've done for the flower center: great idea!

bumblebee creations said...

well, of course it is cute Holly! All of your cards are cute!!! I REALLY love the realistic look the beads gave the flowers!! As always, your coloring is superific!! Have a great day-I gotta go to work soon, but actually got to sleep in today-whooohoo!

LaVerne said...

That is one of my favorite images. I love the chunkt glitter idea.

scrapnnMO said...

Ahh my goodness it's absolutely breathtaking! Love it! :)
♥Dawn♥

Crissy Armstrong said...

Those flower centers are so cool! They DO look like sunflower seeds, only fancier! Sweet card!

Kristie said...

Those sunflowers are just gorgeous with the glittery centres! Another fabulous card!

msfreida said...

OH I LOVE THOSE SEEDS! What a great idea! This card is so AWESOME! Boy, my scalloped corners don't look like yours! :( I've wasted more paper! LOL

Hugs~

Debby said...

Okay I was totally unsure about this image and you totally changed my mind. I adore it completely. And the black chunky glitter is perfect.