Sunday, April 19, 2009

Feel The Love Of A Challenge

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

Well yesterday after re-doing my balloon cheeks girl I was at a loss on what to make next. So, I went to blog land and searched up some challenges to get my creative juices moving. When I got to the Cinema Saturday blog and saw that the challenge was to make something inspired by the movie The Lion King I knew exactly what image I wanted to work with!

The lion cub image from squigglefly of course! All while I was making this card I was humming "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" so that was still playing in my head when I was trying to come up with a greeting.



This card is going to my hubby of course! LOL!
I have to say that even though I found this to be an amusing little card to give to him, I was a little concerned some people might not find this funny. So before I posted this I went to the wonderful girls at the squigglefly yahoo group and asked them what they thought. They all saw the humor in it I intended so I felt better.

I colored him with copic markers and chalked the sky and the ground. I just used the cut out portion of a circle die cut to make the big moon behind him.
But look! Did you notice the stitching around the image? I finally used my sewing machine! Cool stitch it makes huh?
I found some more challenges that I want to do and I'm working on those today.
I hope you have a great day, and thanks as always for looking!

15 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Dont ya hate it when everyone else doesnt get your humor...bwahahahahaha. I love your since of humor....keep on keepin' on.

bumblebee creations said...

I love your card Holly and the saying too!!!! I think it is fun-and your sewing looks great!! What a perfect image for this challenge!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I'm with Crystal. Those that don't see the humor are way to sensitive and need to get a life! This is fabulous. And I'll just bet hubby blushes too!

Hugs,

Debby said...

Adorable! Love the stitching. I need to dust off my sewing machine me thinks. I don't know how to sew a button on so it's always interesting. I love the background! Really darling.

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! What a great card!!
hugz
deb

Pam in Ar. said...

I don't see anything wrong with the card at all! He's a cute little guy :~)

Carole said...

Hi Holly
Your card is cute. I love the stitching it adds a nice touch. Don't loose your sens of humour. Humour is the spice of life!
Have a nice sunday!

Becky said...

This is just adorable, love your coloring, and his eyes are beautifully done. I have not done any sewing on my cards yet, but this is a great stitch you did on this one. Have fun :)

msfreida said...

Just so you'll know, I've now got that song going over and over in my head! No prob...at least it's one of my favs! ;)

It is PERFECT with this image! I love your background, and your stitching is so PERFECT...you just can whip up anything!

Hugs~

scrapperjulia said...

I love your card! I love how you coloured the image and love your sense of humor with the saying! Love the stitching too!

Kristie said...

This is just perfect...for the challenge,your colouring and of course that awesome sentiment! As I keep telling you, you should start your own stamp company just doing amusing sentiments...I'd buy them :)

Kim Nath said...

This card is so adorable! I hope you don't mind but I put a link to it on our suggestiv e sentiments thread at SCS. It fit so perfect.
Believe me the girls on that thread will definitely appreciate the humor.

Carol Dunstan said...

love it, the sentiment is great!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh this is so cute - and love that sentiment, how funny!!

Sankari W. said...

What a great card and the sentiment is hilarious! I am sure your DH is going to love it!!! Thank you so much for playing along with our weekly challenge over at the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge!!!

HUgs!
Sankari :)