Monday, April 27, 2009

Gardening Fun

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

I hope you didn't come here just because the title led you to believe I had a bunch of pictures of my garden to show you because that is not the kind of gardening fun I had yesterday!
Yesterday I played with the gardener image from squigglefly. Chesney mentioned to me a while back about cutting the rear end of the gardener off and popping it up and somehow making it shake. I thought about how to do that, and decided to make it wriggle by making it a tilt card. Here's the card


(click to enlarge)

and here are a couple more shots showing the "tilt"




directions for the tilt card can be found here. The font is called cool dots and you can get it free here. Now you know I'm gonna show you the inside of the card




LOL! I saw that on a t-shirt site and had to use it!

Okay, now I have to give you a little background to my next card. Right after I made this card for the saturday cinema challenge, I posted it in my photo album on the squigglefly yahoo group and asked everyone if they thought it was too risque to post. Some people thought I was silly to be worried, but I explained that I had had someone unsubscribe from my blog before and gave the reason for unsubbing as "offensive content". This led to a little more discussion between me and squigglefly design team member Debby Boltman. Debby jokingly said I should make a card with the gardener image and have a stick in the butt. Well, you know I had to do it don't you?



and closer



LOL! yes, that's a real piece of stick I found on a walk with Riley. I cut a slit at the top of the belt and poked it in! And now for the inside




This card is being sent to Debby of course, but I'm sure we all know people we'd like to give a card like this to for real! Well, I hope you got a chuckle or two out of these. I know I sure giggled while making them! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I still think you take funny pills!

These are fantastic! I am ROTFLMBO! What a nice way to start my week. Love, love, love it!

Hugs,

Christina said...

This totally brightened my day!!!! Love it!

msfreida said...

I LOVE THEM BOTH!!!How clever! That is the most AWESOME image! Just wait til you see my interpretation of it!

I have always been a straight forward person. If you don't want my opinion, don't ask! We MUST have humor to save our sanity! Some people just take things too seriously...not ME! We have enough serious "issues" today to last a lifetime, and I will put a curve in them any way I can!

Hugs~

Kim Nath said...

Hilarious, will give me a smile all day!

StampingJoan said...

too cute Holly!

CRYSTAL said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...I love it, both of those cards are wild.... You go GF!!!!

bumblebee creations said...

holly holly holly!!! you are just too funny! Thanks for the smile!! Love both the cards!

Becky said...

HAHA! This is just too adorable Holly. I love it. Just received my card, thank you so much it is just beautiful, how do you make those envelopes??

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

What fabulous cards hunny! I love them. Hugs Linda x

kim said...

These are GREAT!!!! As others said we have to have something to laugh about and if others are offended---SO WHAT!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

BHAAAAAAA...I am rolling on the floor laughing...Holly, you are too funny! They just soil their plants BHAAAAAAAA

I haven't seen anything offensive on your blog, you rock!

Cynde said...

Holly I think your Hysterically Funny!! I would make and give such cards...if you can't laugh with someone and have a good time...What is there? We all need to have a good sense of humore if we want to live a long time! I'll still be reading and looking at your art work long after the person who has the stick removed!!! TeeHee....Hugs, Cynde

Cassie said...

these are hilarious!! i enjoyed them so much!!

Emma said...

Oh Holly these sure made me chuckle. Totally fantastic...love em!!
Emma x

Kristie said...

You totally crack me up and anyone who unsubscribes from your blog because of your humour shouldn't be reading it in the first place! You totally rock and I love, love, love coming here to see what new hilarity you have created! These are awesome and I think I might need to borrow the idea of the stick one :)

Sue said...

hahahahah bloomin brill card i luv what you have done, sue.x

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG these are CLASSICS! I had to go see from Marlene's blog because I posted a comment right after yours. I see these were posted on my birthday! No doubt. You're my kinda gal! xxD

Marlene said...

ROFL!!!! This is freaking fantastic!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! Thanks for the link to it!!!

Peg said...

I got to you from Marlene and you are another funny blogger I have to add to my list. love the cards so funny

Michelle said...

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!

Thank you for linking up these up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)