Thursday, April 16, 2009

I'm excited!

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

I am excited because I actually got to make a card for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast stampers on the day of the challenge! That's rare for me. This was an easy sketch, and I had fun making this silly card.


(click to enlarge)

This uses one of the new images Squigglefly just released called Betty Bloodhound. Surprisingly I didn't color her with copic markers! I used colored pencils and blended them with odorless mineral spirits. I liked the softer look for this image.

I had a heck of a time coming up with something for this card to say. I thought on it all day long. I was thinking of going political with it and saying something about the stimulus plan, and then I was thinking of something to do with sniffing or scent, but while I was making the card it finally hit me what to say.

I printed this with a font called Berylium. I know you want to know what the inside says don't you? Okay, I'll tell you.
It says
"did you want me to tinkle on your leg?"
LOL! If you've ever had a dog that tinkles when they're excited then you can't help but laugh at that!
I'm also excited today because we got tickets to go see the broadway production of Jesus Christ Superstar on Monday night! Can't wait!
Well, I hope you have a great day today, and thank you for stopping by here to see what I made!

11 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

TeeeHeee! very cute. Like that image too!

You're gonna love the show! Saw it way back when!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Bwahahahahahaha super fun card.... I love that image...I used to have a bloodhound named "Peaches", but she was stolen a few yrs ago. She was a wonderful dog...

msfreida said...

Boy did I miss my morning dose of inspiration! It's so good to see that mojo of yours is still alive and kickin'!

This card is adorable! When I saw the new images at Squigglefly, this one really made me chuckle! I LOVE the sentiment...it's so HOLLY! :) What an awesome job you did with the pencils...love the highlighting!

Congrats on your tickets! I'm so jealous!

Hugs~

Tracey said...

HEE HEE What a funny card Holly! Love it. I need to stop by Squgglefly, me thinks :)

Have a super day!!

Martha said...

very cute

Anita said...

Too cute! I just love the saying! Enjoy the show!

Debby said...

Way cool! Have fun at JCS! And I was eyeballing this image this morning too cute. And...every Friday I clean a house where the dog is soooo excited to see me she rolls over and pees all over herself and the floor. Peeing for the cleaning lady. Gotta love it.

Jana M. said...

oh goodness Holly!!! Your cards need to come with 'spew' warnings.

I just love your sense of humor

Niki said...

Too funny!

Enjoy the musical, one of my favorites from way too many years ago.

Niki

weatkins said...

LOL, Holly-- you're the only person I know who would say "tinkle" instead of "pee"!

Chris (catt871) said...

OMg, that is HILARIOUS!!!!!! Our dachshund used to tinkle when she got excited, or scared......lol

We have a bloodhound that lives down the street named Wiley....I love hearing him howl!!!!

Your card is FABBY too, your colouring is awesome!