Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm So Sorry!

This post will remain on top until April 5th, please scroll below to see new post!
If you are participating in the Squigglefly Blog Hop, you'll want to go to the beginning by visiting Anita's blog. Everyone in the hop has some great prizes up for grabs. I'm giving away a set of 12 assorted colors of flock, a new Inksentials white gel pen, and a small tin of assorted embellishments.




For your chance to win my prizes you will need to leave a comment here and post about the blog hop on your blog. If you don't have a blog, just tell a few friends about the hop! The blog hop will last until Sunday April 5th. To continue your hop, head over to see Karin!

Maybe you'd like to join the squigglefly group on yahoo where you can see what others are doing with their images, discuss ideas for greetings on your cards, and show off your artwork!

Now for today's card I used another of squigglefly's newest images. This one is called Doggone It!

I kept the outside very plain and just give a peek of something inside



The man's face has a look like he feels sorry for something doesn't it? When you open the card you get to see the whole scene



I think this kind of card would be a good one for anyone's late birthday, but it's generic enough to be great for a guy.
I colored the image with copic markers and chalked the background.

Okay, today is the day All the design team members get to announce the winners of the blog candy! I will be back a little later today to let you know who my lucky winner is, so check back this afternoon. Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Regina said...

Oh, what a fun card! It's great!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Bwwwaahhhaaahhhaa! Now that is one great card!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Bwahahahahaha that is too adorable... you out did yourself!!!
Love how you made the card with just a peek, makes it more exciting when you open it up!!!

Tumbleweed Trails said...

What a great card. I love the "Just a Peek Effect" and then discovering he's all tied up.

JD

bumblebee creations said...

this is just absolutely the best!! I LOVE IT! What an idea-to make only a glimpse of the inside!! And perfect sentiment to go with the card!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Pam in Ar. said...

That's how I feel sometimes when I've got all 5 grandkids at the same time, by myself LOL Do they make that in Nana form??

Very cute card :~)

Carole said...

Funny card, great excuse; I love it!

Heather "Hev" said...

Very clever card - and I love the image :)

lindal said...

Great Card I love the way you colored the man. Sad to say I have to send a lot of late cards.

Anita said...

Cute card! I always need late birthday cards!

Debby said...

oooohhh. i love the peekie idea. i love this.

Kat said...

I *love* this idea of having just his face showing on the front. Great job, as usual, Holly-bolly-bo-bolly! ;-D

Martha said...

so so cute!

msfreida said...

OH I LOVE what you did with this hilarious image! Gosh I want some of your smart pills! Your imagination just amazes me! ;) What a genius idea to tease the reader with the cutout front! AWESOME!

Although you will never get a chance to use this one (never forgets b'days!), I will definitely CASE it and make lots! LOL!

Hugs~

Char in So Cal said...

What a great card. Love the image!

Char in So Cal
{scrampaddict} {at} {cox} {dot} {net}

Leslie Miller said...

I love the way you did this with just the words and a peek on the front. A person tends to be smiling before they even open the card. Very cute!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWW!! This is so adorable!! What a really sweet card and so humorous!! I love it!! ;) TFS!

Jana M. said...

Love it!!! Your cards make me giggle.