Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Inspired to Give This Away!

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

Happy Wednesday everyone! I thought I'd try to answer the question Stef posed to me yesterday; "Where do you get your sentiments? Do you really just think them up?"
Well, some of them I do just think up and some I get from asking people to look at a card and tell me what they think it should say. Be warned however if you ask people you may get an answer you don't like! Remember this post? And sometimes I will google something about what the card is for and if I'm going for funny I might type in humor along with that. Yesterday's card for example was an anniversary card, and I did go to google and type in anniversary humor and found that sentiment. Just go to the store and browse the card aisle for ideas. Another really good thing is to look at T shirt slogans; there are a ton that work great on cards!

Today's card is one made for the inspiration challenge on Splitcoast stampers. The inspiration for the challenge was to be something from an online store called Skeem. She picked out three of her favorite things we could use for inspiration or we could go pick out something ourselves. Here is the item of hers I chose to use for my inspiration



As soon as I saw that I knew I wanted to use some flourish stamps stamped with white on acetate. I used one of the images from the brand new Tribal Pack that squigglefly has and shrunk it down to about 1/2" and printed it all over a piece of turquoise paper for my background.




I stamped a flourish from Autumn Leaves and a flower image and poem from Chapel Road in white Stazon on the acetate piece. the acetate is held to the paper with a sliver eyelet in each corner. I threaded some silver cord through the top two eyelets.
I really wanted to stamp a postoid on the upper left side of the acetate, but I couldn't find a single postoid stamp in my collection! How unbelievable is that? I mean not the fact that I couldn't find it, but the fact that I don't have one! I think I used to, but I never used it or was into postoids too much so I gave it away or sold it or something. Anyway, that's the only thing I think would have made this better. Today is card give away day, so maybe the person who wins this card will have a postoid stamp they can use there!
Over all, I think I captured the inspiration piece pretty well! If you would like to win this card with a matching envelope, just leave a comment on this post and tomorrow around noon I'll have random.org pick a number!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a terrific day!

14 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Too sweet... beautiful card!!! Love the white stamping!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is stunning. Talk to your girls about coming up with a postoid image! And thanks for the info on your "humor"

Hugs,

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

WOW great card!! Love the colors and the swirls are awesome!
hugz
deb

msfreida said...

OH I LOVE THIS! :) I love working with acetate and this looks AWESOME! Tribal pack makes such a unique background...gotta try this!

Hugs~

Christina said...

Hi, I was just wondering what a stamp postoid is? I've never heard of that before!

Becky said...

This is lovely, the colors are just wonderful.

Martha said...

just beautiful

marla said...

what a beautiful card.

Pam in Ar. said...

OK...I might look like a dummy here but what is a postoid?? Duh..I really feel dumb!

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Wow stunning card...gorgeous.
Emma x

bumblebee creations said...

oh my-I can't beleive I didn't comment earlier when I checked this out!!! I was too stumped at what a postoid was-I eagerly went to find the answer! This is gorgeous Holly! I love all the swirls!Oh---hahaha I was just reading some of the others posted comments and see I wasn't the only one who didn't know! GOOD! Love your work Holly!

Niki said...

Beautiful card, and a great sentiment. White swirls on acetate are the perfect complement to the background.

Niki

Anonymous said...

HOLLY
I would love to win one of your cards as I find your blog and creations the BEST!!
You come up with so many original creations and techniques that I learn from. Wish I had the 'natural' kind of "art-smart' that you have.
Joanne

Debby said...

I gotta get that tribal pack. This is gorgeous!