Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kitty Balloon

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!


Happy Thursday everyone! There is only one week left to pre-order the One A Day In May special at squigglefly. I think a lot of you not ordering it will be kicking yourself later when you see the new images being released; because the ones I've seen are great. Plus, you have a chance to get a $30.00 gift certificate to the store of your choice if you win my sweet deal! So far there's only a handful of people in my drawing.

If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card and you'd like a chance to win it, then go post a comment here. Also, every other Wednesday when it's card giveaway day I always say the card will come with a matchin envelope in case you want to send it to someone. Sometimes It will be a colored envelope that goes well with a color on the card, or sometimes I will stamp a little flower if it's appropriate for that kind of card. Sometimes I can't think of anything to put on an envelope and I send a plain white one. This week however, I thought I'd show you the envelope!




I used the same tribal flourish on the same paper and cut a plain piece with a label die for the address. Cool huh?

Speaking of yesterday's card I had several people ask me what a postoid stamp is. Simply speaking, a postoid looks like a postage stamp, only there are all kinds of designs and some come with cancellation marks. You can see all kinds of samples of postoids here if you're interested!

Today I used a cute Penny Black image that I got from a friend. I originally started this to take part in a challenge on the Penny Black Friends Challenge Blog, but I couldn't seem to get the sketch to work for me, so I ended up just making it a card and not following a sketch.
The happy birthday sentiment is from Stampendous.



(click to enlarge)

I colored this with copic markers and all the papers are from K and Company. I used pieces of fabric to knot through the buttons. I like that better than thread I think.
Well, I'll be back a little after noon to let you know who wins the card! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Absolutely adorable and that envelope is gorgeous!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

As always you do a fab job....great stuff!!

bumblebee creations said...

Love todays card! and the envie that goes with the card for yesterday is awesome! I guess I have never made an envie!

Pam in Ar. said...

Thanks for the great idea and also for letting me know what postoids are :~)
You do such a great job Holly!

msfreida said...

How ADORABLE! This is such a cute stamp and I love how you colored it...especially the highlighting on the bottom of his pants. Using fabric with the buttons is so clever...must try it!

The envie is GORGEOUS! Do you have a pattern or do you just undo a premade one and use it as a template? Inquiring minds want to know!

Hugs~