Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mr & Mrs.

This post will remain on top until April 5th, please scroll below to see new post!
If you are participating in the Squigglefly Blog Hop, you'll want to go to the beginning by visiting Anita's blog. Everyone in the hop has some great prizes up for grabs. I'm giving away a set of 12 assorted colors of flock, a new Inksentials white gel pen, and a small tin of assorted embellishments.




For your chance to win my prizes you will need to leave a comment here and post about the blog hop on your blog. If you don't have a blog, just tell a few friends about the hop! The blog hop will last until Sunday April 5th. To continue your hop, head over to see Karin!

Maybe you'd like to join the squigglefly group on yahoo where you can see what others are doing with their images, discuss ideas for greetings on your cards, and show off your artwork!


Today I have a card for a couple. I used the Handsome Husband and the Blushing Bride images and colored them with copic markers. I used a label nestabilities to cut them out and then punched a hole in the sides to thread some ribbon through.


(click to enlarge)

Don't they look like they are just so happy they can't quit smiling? Either that or smiles are frozen from smiling for pictures so much! LOL!

The designer paper on the card is from La Boutique and this particular piece has the verse from 1 Corinthians "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things" and other things like "How do I love thee?", and "To have and to hold from this day forward" so I thought it was an obvious choice. Plus the colors were great!

I added a little bit of stickles to her head band. Inside I stamped the words "Happily Ever After" with a little clear stamp from Stampendous. I figured with June coming up soon, I'm liable to get a wedding announcement in the mail any time and this will be a great card to have on hand for that!
Well, have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by to see what I made today!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

WOW!!! And I thought you said you liked to sleep in on the weekends! I love this card, and awesome image!!! Yeah, with summer coming up shortly (well,maybe for some-winter doesn't want to seem to leave here!!!)there will probably be weedding invites for most! Great job Holly!

Kristie said...

Great wedding card! I think they look like their smiles are permanently frozen from smiling for too many pics....LOL! I;m not marriend but have been a bridesmaid a couple of times and by the end of the photo session your face seriously hurts :)
Great colouring, like always ♥

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun image this is. Terrific wedding card.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Fantastic! They sure do look like the happy couple!

I'm gonna "steal" your paragraph on joinging the Yahoo group and add it on my blog - if you don't mind!

Hugs,

Lori said...

very nice card. i especially like the colors for a wedding. the bride is wonderful.
Lori Smanski
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Anita said...

Cute card!

msfreida said...

AWESOME!!! LOVE THESE IMAGES! This is such a precious card and I love the details: PERFECT DP, ribbon, stickles...EVERYTHING! One question; what color did you use for the shadowing on her dress? It is perfect with the white!

Off to see what the other Squigglefly gals are up to! This has been a FABULOUS blog hop! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Hugs~

Jana M. said...

This card is darling! :)

Stamping Mutt said...

I just love all of the cards that the SF dt has come up with. The images are so much fun. Happy blog hopping

Alma =)

Pam in Ar. said...

Funny wedding card....love their faces :~) I haven't gotten the updates the last 2 days for the blog....maybe I've been black balled LOL...I just will come find you myself! Anyone else having that problem??

CRYSTAL said...

Those two images are adorable and the glitter headband is to die for...I would probably wear that...love it!!!

Nicole said...

As always another wonderful card from Holly. Chesney's images rock! So does Chesney! Tee-Hee I think you are both just fab. Much Love & BIG HUGS! Nic XOX

Debby said...

This is great too! I love the way you colored her hair. Makes her a bit sassy.