Monday, April 20, 2009

Pardon My Interruption

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

I interrupt your regularly scheduled posts to bring you a second post in one day! I've been kicking out the challenges over the weekend and finished the featured stamper challenge on splitcoast stampers last night, so I wanted to share it with you now.

here is the card I CASED for the featured stamper challenge.

and here's the card I made using Madison and Popples from squigglefly.



(click to enlarge)

I colored with copic markers and had to stop myself from chalking around the background. I chose not to though, because the card I was casing didn't have any kind of background. The picture doesn't show the true color of the ribbon; it matches the pink in the card perfectly.
I added a little diamond for her earring and printed the sentiment on my computer with a font called FG Jayne.

Now about the sentiment; I printed out the exact same thing as the card I cased had. I thought about changing it to something more my style and saying something about "I'd clean up after my dog if they had cute, pink doggie bags", but then I decided to leave the front as is and I think on the inside I'll print
"Because it's less awkward to ask a friend to do the scooping!"
LOL!
This was a great featured stamper to CASE. She has a gallery I just love and plan on doing more cards inspired by hers.
Okay, back to your regularly scheduled posts now! Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

I love the sentiment...you are twisted just like me, and I mean that affectionately!!! Love it, and your coloring is fab!!!

msfreida said...

What an AWESOME case! I have always loved this image, and you used it to the max! Perfect coloring and I LOVE this font! I have a long strip of paper taped to my computer desk where I can add unique fonts I've seen used. There are "H"s on 99.9% of them..you know...a Holly font! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

I love these images, and I may have to get some after seeing what you have done with them :). This card is fabulous and your coloring is awesome.

Martha said...

oh I love this image, such a cute card

Pam in Ar. said...

VA VA VOOM is what came to mind when I saw this :~)

Love the coloring!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

You are too funny. Do you take funny pills? Don't tell Crystal! Bbwwwaaahhhaaa!

This is fabulous!

Hugs,

Carole said...

I love your card. you always have this little thing that adds something special. On this one, the little diamond for earring. Great!

Emma said...

Gorgeous Holly...love the colours and fab image.
Emma x

Cassie said...

you have such a great sense of humor!! i love it!!!!