Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quacky Birthday

If you haven't yet comment on yesterday's cards and you'd like a chance to win one of them, you have until noon today to leave a comment here!

Today I made a birthday card using a darling little suzy's zoo image. This image was sent to me by a friend so I don't know who makes the stamp.


(click to enlarge)

I colored it with copic markers and chalked the background. I used a small grass stamp by art impressions on the ground after I chalked it. I glued some chunky black glitter to the center of the flower.
You might not know it's a birthday card, but the embossed part on the card base is the "Happy Birthday" embossing folder from Provo Craft. I had fun playing with some fairly new things. I used the new blossom die nestabilities on the designer paper and a border punch along the edge.

Nothing really special to say about this card. It's just a cute image I colored and made into a card! LOL!

I hope you have a great day, and I'll be back a little later to announce the card winner!

14 comments:

Jeanne said...

I LOVE this! I have always liked Suzy's Zoo characters and even did my first daughter's baby room in Little Suzy's Zoo...Your coloring on this is terrific! Thanks for bringing a smile to my face today. *Ü*

CRYSTAL said...

I love it...its too darn sweet....you did a fab job as always!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

You chalk so well....I love the little dress on the duck...it Quacks me up :~)

Have a great day!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Ooooooo this is very, very pretty! And personally, I think it IS special!!!

Hugs,

Carole said...

Pretty card with a cute image!

Sharon said...

i L♥VE suzy zoo!! great card!

Christina said...

Hi, I think this card is adorable. I had a question, when you chalk your background, do you use a spray to set the chalk? Or do you just leave the chalk as is? Thanks for any tips!

Stampin' Meg said...

Super DUPER cute- luv the fresh spring colors!

Debby said...

Very cute image. Fab coloring as always.

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly!!! Love your cute little card!!!!!! Your images are always so perfectly colored! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Emma said...

Hi Holly
All gorgeous cards since my last visit...
A little busy at the moment and sooo far behind with blogging.
Emma x

Kristie said...

How cute is that little ducky in her pretty dress???? This is so adorable Holly :)

Heather "Hev" said...

This is wonderful :)

Kat said...

I love Suzy's Zoo - and I have this stamp! Isn't it delightful? Love what you did with it. Purrrrty!