Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rose Sachet

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!


Hello! I hope you are off to a great start to your weekend. I'm afraid I don't have a card to show you today, but I do have this cute box!


(click to enlarge)




I got the template from Jen Del Muro, and it was super easy to make. You can find the template here. The hardest part was deciding on an image to use! I finally chose to use the smelling sweet image from squigglefly.
I did my handle a little differently than Jen did and just punched two small holes to thread my ribbon through. I used a label nestabilities die to cut my window, and embossed the box with the swiss dots embossing folder.

I colored the girl with copic markers and cut her out and just glued her to the outside of the box. The little tag was made with a Stampendous stamp.

The box is filled with some rose scented sachet which I thought went perfectly with the image. I was originally going to put a rose candle in the box, but I couldn't find any rose scented ones that fit. The box will hold 4 tea light candles, and I suppose I could have put a different scent in there but for some reason I was stuck on the rose thing. I think when the smell runs out of the sachet I will empty it out and put in some tea lights and give it to a friend. It was fun making a box though; I haven't done that for a while.

I don't have any pressing obligations this weekend. Tonight we are going to eat at a friend's house so I don't even have to cook dinner! On second thought, I'll empty this sachet out now and give her some scented tea light candles in this box as a thank you for cooking for us!
Enjoy your Saturday! Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Super cute....that can be for so many occasions.

Pam in Ar. said...

Cute box...you could do so much with it :~) Your tea lite idea is a good one, she will love it!

I am going to Ft. Smith today with my daughter to Gerber Day, they pull names and if you're chosen (yay...she was), you get a bunch of freebies for the baby....they even give a crib away!

Have a great Saturday and an even better cook free dinner...the bestest kind :~)

msfreida said...

This is AWESOME and you picked the perfect image to attach. Seems these boxes are the "rage" now. You did a fabulous job on this one!

Hugs~

Debby said...

Lovin da box! Never made a box. I think I need to.

Chesney said...

That is a really good use for that image.