Friday, April 3, 2009

Say Cheese!

This post will remain on top until April 5th, please scroll below to see new post!
If you are participating in the Squigglefly Blog Hop, you'll want to go to the beginning by visiting Anita's blog. Everyone in the hop has some great prizes up for grabs. I'm giving away a set of 12 assorted colors of flock, a new Inksentials white gel pen, and a small tin of assorted embellishments.




For your chance to win my prizes you will need to leave a comment here and post about the blog hop on your blog. If you don't have a blog, just tell a few friends about the hop! The blog hop will last until Sunday April 5th. To continue your hop, head over to see Karin!

Maybe you'd like to join the squigglefly group on yahoo where you can see what others are doing with their images, discuss ideas for greetings on your cards, and show off your artwork!


Okay, those of you who follow my blog regularly probably guessed from the title of this post that I'm going to show my card with The Big Cheese image. The other day I told you that I had tried out different sayings on my husband who promptly groaned at all of them except for "Who cut the cheese?", and that was one that was just too expected for me. I was going to tell you what my favorite saying was, but instead had you guess! No one guessed. So you might be thinking I used "Say Cheese!" since that's what I titled my post, but you'd be wrong!




(click to enlarge)

I just thought the smug, smart alec look on this guy's face looks like he's saying something just like this.
I used a font called Euphorigenic S and if you like it, you can get it for free here.

I colored him with copic markers and added a little chalk to the background. Looking at it now however, I think I should have put my horizon line a little higher up. Oh well!

The paper I used is from Basic Grey's mellow pad. I cut the image out with a nestabilitie blossom die, and then I matted it on some handmade paper and just hand cut around it. The saying is also cut with the same blossom die, and I just chalked it and attached it to the card with pop dots.

So are any of you doing anything fun this weekend? I think we are going to see the movie Alien vs. Monsters in 3D at the Imax. The last 3D movie we went to see was Coraline and we loved it. They showed previews to the Alien vs. Monsters one then and it looked like another good one, so I'm looking forward to that.
Our weather is supposed to be pretty so I will probably get out with Riley and have a look at my flower beds. I noticed this morning that a lot of my iris have buds starting to open. I love Iris; they are my favorite flower.
I hope you have a great day today, and thanks as always for taking the time to come visit my blog!

17 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Holly

Funny card, made me smile. I like your saying. You really make nice cards!
Have a nice day!

CRYSTAL said...

Too darn cute.... I just love your humor and your cards.... I received the fathers day card and it looks better in person... as soon as my daughter seen it she said, "Hey that looks like me", I just giggled...

Thanks again...
Crystal

Kristie said...

LOL....once again you come up with the unexpected, but perfect, sentiment. Fantastic card Holly!!!!

msfreida said...

Oh I should have known you would come up with something clever like that! THAT IS TOO CUTE! :)Of course your coloring is awesome too! I love the shape of the nesties...really adds a lot of flair! And oh the paper...so pretty!

Enjoy your movie! Don't forget the extra butter for the popcorn!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!:)

Hugs~

Tumbleweed Trails said...

What a fun Blog Hop. It's always wonderful visiting blogs, seeing what everyones up to and what new stamping creations are being made.


JD

visionquest2020@msn.com

Tumbleweed Trails said...

What a fun Blog Hop. It's always wonderful visiting blogs, seeing what everyones up to and what new stamping creations are being made.


JD

visionquest2020@msn.com

Tumbleweed Trails said...

I've got the Blog Hop linked up at my blog.

JD

visionquest2020@msn.com

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly! None of us guessed? Shame on us! Well, I LOVE the one you decided to go with! It fits in perfectly! Your coloring is spectacular as usual!!

monik1973 said...

Funny Images...and pretty card....I have no blog but will tell my friend per email..thanks for the candy....

Joan said...

Very cute card - he has such a smug look on his face!!! Cute.

Shar said...

Fun card! Fab layout!

Jana M. said...

Holly I just love your sense of humor! I left some blog hop love on my blog, too.

Lori said...

oh this mouse is just too darn cute. and the dp is perfect.
Lori Smanski
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

Nicole said...

Hi Holly,
This card is so cute! I love the way that you make everything so fun and I love the sayings that you always make! BIG HUGS! Nicole :)

Regina said...

what a fun image! Your card is FANTASTIC!!!!

Debby said...

This is the greatest! Love the paper.

Kat said...

Your horizon line could be ... the edge of a pink table -- and the cheese is almost ready to fall off ... and the way this snide mousey is heavily leaning on it, he will fall off the table too. And then he will be "the butt end" of his own 'snide' joke. LOL