Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stage Two

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful day with your loved ones.
Yesterday I received in the mail two images from the upcoming Inky Impressions Rubber Stamps line along with a sketch to complete stage two of the design team try out. I couldn't wait to color these! Here is my first card


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this just a darling image? I colored her with copic markers and chalked the background. The designer paper is from Stampin Up. I used a speckle background on the card base and added two purple prima flowers on the side. The Happy Easter stamp is a clear stamp from Penny Black.

Here's my second card using the same image and sketch, but with different colors.



(click to enlarge)

I like the second one better I think. I used ribbon instead of cardstock and I pierced some holes in one of the corners and added a light blue rain dot. The designer paper on this one is from DCWV Far East pack. I took a chance coloring her hair black. I'm trying to practice more with the black and dark greys. Anyway, wish me luck that I am one of the lucky ones picked by Nicole!

Again, Happy Easter and thanks for looking!

16 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Super cute cards....

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

That's a super image, they're both fabulous (though the purple one is more my fav) and... you're definitely a shoo-in for the DT - at least IMHO!

Hugs,

lindal said...

Both cards are adorable. I love the colors and the way you used them.

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhhh... they are adorable!!!! I wish you the best of luck HOLLY! Whooohooo!! Hope you have a speggctacular Easter!!!!hehehee

Anita said...

Good luck! Beautiful cards!

Kat said...

HAPPY EASTER, HOLLY! I'm finally caught up with your blog - yay!

I absolutely LOVE the FIRST card way better! Not to say I don't like the second one - it is darling. But the first one makes my eyes pop out - in a good way. LOL I absolutely love blue 'n purple together - and then the soft green just adds to its beauty. This card is fantastic! :-)

Jana M. said...

Good luck, Holly!! Both cards are beautiful.

Mary said...

What an adorable image!! Holly, both of your cards are beautiful! You did a wonderful job with the sketches and your coloring is superb! Best of luck in the final round! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you!! :)

Kristie said...

Oooohhhhhh these are just adorable Holly!!!! I am quite sure you will make the DT, your work is just spectacular! Now I'm going to be anxiously awaiting the arrival of my images....I can't wait to play with them, they are just so cute! But you've set the benchmark high and I'm feeling a wee bit intimidated :)

Tracey said...

I think these are both adorable Holly! I hope you had a fantastic Easter! xx

Nicole said...

Hi Holly, Aww..they are both very cute! I just always adore your work. I have to agree with Stef H. You are a shoo-in in for the DT,LOL. BIG HUGS~ Nicole :)

Chris (catt871) said...

VERY CUTE!!!! I haven't received mine yet....takes SOOOO long to get to Canada!!!!!

Cijaye DePradine said...

I love these cards, they are very cute. Where did you get the images from?

P.S. My favorite is the 1st one because the flowers brighten up the page - and bring out the pink you used in the egg's/paint.

Well done.

Cijaye DePradine said...

Thank you again Holly your blog is very inspiring by the way.

If you are ever seeking a feature on my site, please feel free to drop me another line and we can work something out.

msfreida said...

OH I LOVE THESE! GF, if you don't make the DT, something's wrong! You did an AWESOME job on both and both have their own highlights. You can adjust to any style, and you do it so well! :) I have no doubts...when can we celebrate?

Hugs~

Naoual said...

These are so pretty!! Love the colour combo's and your colouring is fab!!

xx Naoual