Monday, April 13, 2009

Sweet Deal!

I hope you all had a nice Easter and that you had nice weather for it. We had a rain storm move in Sunday morning and it pretty much rained all day long. A lot of people I know were complaining about it, but personally I loved it! I love cloudy days anyway, and if it rains a little too then so much the better.

I am really excited about the one a day in May Squigglefly is going to be doing. They are working on 31 images so they can have a brand new image released every day in the month of May. I've had the privilege of seeing a couple they have finished and I can tell you that you are going to want these images! You can pre-order all 31 images for $30.00 if you order before May first. That is such a bargain! Once May is here, though the offer will be gone and you'll have to purchase them individually.
I am going to sweeten the deal for you though! If you pre-order the One A Day In May, leave me a comment telling me you've done so and I'll enter your name into a drawing that will be held on May 1st. The winner of the drawing will receive a prize from me that will have a value of $30.00. I haven't yet determined what the prize will be; I'll have to think on that a bit more but I'll let you know! So, spread the word to your friends about this amazing deal, and go here to order!

UPDATE: I have decided that the prize will be a $30.00 gift certificate to the store of the winner's choice.

Today I have a card that I think turned out so cute. I used the Floss Your Canines image from squigglefly.


(click to enlarge)

It was colored with copic markers and the background was chalked. I scored the fold side about 1/4" and poked holes to thread some hemp cord through and tied at the top.
Some scrapbook paper that has dog prints on it was adhered to the kraft card with the top right corner rounded (but you can't tell that because the sentiment covers it!). I stamped some little bones and cut them out and put them on the card with pop dots. I also pierced the bottom right corner of the card and then laced some more hemp cord through.
I think this image is a so cute! Chesney came up with the name for this image and I thought it was cute enough to just use it for the sentiment too! This card is going to my dentist's office. The staff loves to see my cards, and I know they'll get a kick out of this one!
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday, and thanks for looking!

17 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Super cute!!! I love dog images as well... you did a great job on all the details, makes for a super card!!!

Chesney said...

The dentist office will get a real kick out of this one. Make sure you show that one to 'em next time you're there.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

What? No Cat????? This is super! I absolutely love the coloring and your stitched side! Just super!


Hugs,

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

CUTE!! What a great card! Love your sentiment! Coloring is awesome! And I really like your backgrounds!
hugz
deb

TeresaW said...

I just ordered the pre-order. I tried to resist, as it will take up almost all my crafting budget for May, but I just couldn't pass it up. LOL

TeresaW said...

Just blogged your blog candy and the digi in May for you over at my blog. (http://treesawardincrafts.blogspot.com/2009/04/hog-wild-about-stamping-sweet-deal.html)

bumblebee creations said...

HI HOLLY! Your card is wonderful!!! I love the stitched side! And as always your coloring is superb!!! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I have this date ordered the May 2009 Squigglefly images .... and if I were to win your prize - that would be a first for me!! I love your blog and the many cute images you use from Squigglefly
Joanne

Martha said...

great card.

Kat said...

This is great, Holly. My first thought was: "How I'd love to give this to my daughter -- IF it would cause her to finally start flossing!" My second thought: "This would be so purrfect to give to my dentist." Lo & behold -- that's purrcisely what you are doing ... giving it to your dentist. I think they need one fur each room in their office. LOL

Tracy said...

So cute! I love the stitching! I need to get this image for my kids!

Kristie said...

Definitely the perfect card for the dentists office...maybe you should make them a framed picture of it, seeing how it's so easy to make the squigglefly images whatever size you want....just a thought.
Anyway, this card is just hilarious and beautifully coloured as usual :)

CarolM said...

Holly you make such great cards. Thanks for always sharing. I have ordered the May deal from Squigglefly and can't wait to start using them,

msfreida said...

LOL! Oh this one is a winner! Very clever! I LOVE the lacing on the side! ADORABLE card!

Hugs~

PatBowman said...

Hi Holly, I just did the pre-order deal. I tried to hold out, but in the end just couldn't resist this fabulous offer!

Alex said...

I just preordered. Hope could I not? Squigglefly has so many wonderful images!!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card fabby image, have had a nosey round ya blog its brill. have just pre ordered my squiggly images, just made it!! lol. sue,x