Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thank You In Manhattan

The title of my post kind of sounds like it could be the title of the sequel to Sleepless in Seattle. LOL! Well I got a chance to play with the new Manhattan Flower embossing folder that Rhonda sent me. I saw a card that Julie from Paper Pleasing Ideas did with this folder where she cut around the flower so I took her idea and made this



(click to enlarge)

I embossed the flower on vellum and then chalked the back of it with some yellow, orange, and pink. Then I ran the vellum piece through the xyron and stuck it to some cardstock. The only reason I ever got a xyron was so I could stick vellum down without the adhesive showing! Anyway, after it was stuck down I cut around the flower shape to reveal the inside of the card.



This uses Stampin Up's set Best Blossoms. This is a really quick card to make and the vellum makes it special.

On a good note, I did get the wireless router working at work yesterday! Of course I had to call tech support and spend a couple of frustrating hours, but it's working!
Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

WOW! Holly! This is gorgeous. I just got that embossing folder yesterday and can't wait to get my itchy palms on it!

Hugs,

Kristie said...

Your card is beautiful!! I love how you colored it with the chalk.

Pam in Ar. said...

How Bee-U-tea-ful is that card!! You blew it over the top Holly..I LOVE it :~)

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

GORGEOUS!! FABULOUS!! AWESOME!!!
hugz
deb

watchlady said...

Holly-- that is a beautiful card! Happy Easter to you & your family!

Mary said...

Oh, Holly, this is just beautiful!!!

Carole said...

Hi Holly
Your card is so beautiful, simple and elegant. This is something I'll have to try one of theses days!
Happy Easter!

Nora said...

Oh, Holly, that turned out really pretty!
Thanks for sharing.
~hugs~

Debby said...

This is really gorgeous! Rhonda is a great gal!

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Glad you got the wireless fixed.

bumblebee creations said...

OMG!!!!! HOLLY!!!! I just absolutely knew you would do something marvelous with this!!!!! See, now i can copy it!! HEHE

Kristie said...

That is so gorgeous Holly! I am still keeping my fingers crossed that SU brings out the Big Shot in Australia so we can get those divine embossing plates too :) I'll be saving this picture in my inspiration file for when they do!!!

CRYSTAL said...

Lovely card, again..... I dont have any embossong folders yet....I really need to get some of those too!!!

Kat said...

Love it, love it, LOVE it! Sure is a purrty embossing folder. You chalked it so purrtily. And I really like the fleurs being cut out around the edges. Very nice!

msfreida said...

HOW STUNNING! I MUST get one of those folders! Do you know if they will fit in a CB or Sizzix?

I love how you used the chalk with the vellum! I can never remember how awesome they work together. This is just exquisite!

Hugs~

Sarah {SCS: Sairabee} said...

OMG! That's gorgeous!

I'm trying to zip through all of the posts I've missed (27, to be exact) but I had to stop and comment on this one. I love it!