Sunday, April 26, 2009

Things With Wings

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

The DareU2DigiStamp challenge this week is Things With Wings. You can interpret the wings thing however you want. I chose to use an image that has a winged thing on it! Pretty obvious choice, huh?



(click to enlarge)

I used squigglefly's Sprite Friends and colored it with copic markers. Then I stamped in various shades of green a little stamp from a Stampin Up set called Watercolor Minis to make it look like they are sitting on the branch of a tree.
I chalked the sky behind them. With the shimmery paper, the ribbon with bow,and the glitter on their wings this card also qualified for one fo the challenges in the May 09 Mini VSN taking place at splitcoast stampers! I love knocking off more than one challenge in a card!
I hope to find time to play in more the challenges before the deadline! Also, Freida I haven't meant to ignore your question about the envelope. I don't follow a template for envelopes. I usually just make them as I go. I think I will make a short video to show you how I do them so stay tuned!
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Adorable. I'm liking those colors and I love how you did that tree!

Hugs,

CRYSTAL said...

Super sweet card... colors are fab too!

bumblebee creations said...

i love this image! i actually already have it too-gonna have to get it out to play! Thanks for sharing!

ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Holly, this is so cute! The colors you used are wonderful!!
Great card!!!
hugz
deb

Pam in Ar. said...

Way cool, Holly....I like how you did the tree :~)

Tracey said...

WHat an adorable image! Great card Holly!!

msfreida said...

This is precious! Perfect image and I love how you colored them! Their wings look awesome! I'm with Pam...love how you did the tree! :)

Oh that would be so great to see a video on how you made the envie! I'm such a visual learner! I know it takes a lot of time and prep work, but I would be forever grateful!

Hugs~

Kat said...

:-D This is great! I love the colors - including their hair. And the sparklies, and your creative branch 'n leaves, & the punched-border paper. I just love the whole concept here. Great job, Holly!

Anita said...

Cute card! I love the sparkle.

Kristie said...

Ooooohhhh! This is sooooo pretty and glittery and just lovely...I might need that image :)

Emma said...

Love the funky colours...brilliant card.
Emma x