Friday, April 17, 2009

TuTu Fun!

This will stay on top until May 1st- check out my sweet deal!

Happy Friday! The most wonderful day of the week because the promise of the weekend lays before you. Wednesday it seemed like the week was racing by, and then Thursday dragged so I'm more than happy it's Friday today.

I was at Hobby Lobby last weekend and picked up a package of assorted glitters that were intriguing because they were like little hairs. I got a package of 6 colors including gold and silver for less than $4.00. Anyway, I wanted to make something and use some of this glitter to see how it looked on a project.

I picked Trudy In A Tutu because I figured her tutu would be cool to glitter and plus I needed to make a birthday card for a little girl who will be turning three next month and I thought Trudy was an image she might like. (boy that was a long sentence!)


(click to enlarge)

I colored her with copic markers and chalked a little around her. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on a dark pink cardstock and put that around the outside edges. I felt like the piece needed some designer paper on it somewhere, but I didn't like the way any of it looked when I put some on there, so I ended up just punching some flowers out of some designer paper and added them.

The words were printed on my computer in a font called Kristen. Then I embossed with a swiss dots border embossing folder just part way above and below the sentiment. The only thing about going part way in is that I had to fold my card and the embossing folder left little lines on the inside of the card. Here's the inside




If you click on it you might be able to see the lines. I'm going to try rubbing my bone folder on them later to get them out.
But, isn't the glitter cool? Here's a close up




I think the green will be neat to use as grass on something. The gold and silver will be pretty on Christmas cards!

I've been thinking about what I will have as my prize for the One A Day In May sweet deal!, and I've about decided it will be a $30.00 gift certificate to a store of the winner's choosing. That way I won't be giving something I have to mail out and there isn't a chance it will be something you already have!

Well, have a wonderful day whatever you do and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Oh Holly this is just tutu cute-or you already used that line,huh? hehe! I am so ready for the weekend-even though i have to work tomorrow morning... Loving the glitter-very neat looking-and def. would look awesome for grass to!! Have a great day!

CRYSTAL said...

Holly, that is tu-tu cute...and the little girl will be tu-tu excited to get it... Ok, I'll stop...bwahahahahaha. It really is adorable love the new glitter.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

This is absolultely precious! You don't know how many times I passed that glitter up! Me. Glitterbabe! Looks like I'm gonna have to get me some! This is way too cute!

Hugs,

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Hope all is well. Gorgeous cards as always since my last visit...love the glittery tutu.
Trying to catch up on my blogging but meeting myself coming backwards!! Lol
Emma x

msfreida said...

Well you are "TU-TU" much! Sorry...couldn't let it go! :) This is ADORABLE and she will love it! Gosh I remember those tu-tu days...seems like yesterday!

Well I guess I will have to find a way to sneak off to HL today because that glitter is just too enticing! What a perfect way to use it! You could do commercials you know! :)

Have an awesome weekend everyone!
Hugs~

Martha said...

great card.

Kat said...

Pink, Swiss dots, lace edge punch, punched flowers .... LOVE IT! :-)

Nora said...

That is SO CUTE!!! That glitter really is neat.

Hey, I just wanted to holler & let ya know that I played with that card you sent me - it's up on my blog now.
~hugs~

Debby said...

Oh my goodness this is so darling! I love that image. My favorite right now I think. She is so fun to play with. Who cares about the lines on the inside. Can you cover it up with designer paper? Decorate the inside? That's what I do sometimes.

Kristie said...

This is sooooo adorable Holly (I'm going to leave the tu-tu jokes alone!)
That glitter is just gorgeous....any little girl is going to love a glittery ballerina elephant card for her birthday...actually, I'd like one myself...LOL!

de said...

Sooo cute! Great to see you playing along!

Ashley said...

How cute is this? I really like the glittery tutu! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week!