Thursday, May 7, 2009

Honey, Bee My Friend

Good morning everyone! If you haven't commented on yesterday's card yet and would like a chance to win it, you have until noon to do that. Before I get to today's card I'd like to point you in the direction of some awesome blog candy being given away by Dori here. I can't believe the amount of stuff she's got up for grabs! Her blog is pretty cool too, so take a look around while you're there!

Okay, today's card is of course using today's release from Squigglefly called Bee My Honey.


(click to enlarge)

I had a lot of fun coloring this. I love the way the tree is drawn, and the image is just a really cute one. I colored with copic markers and chalked my sky. I stamped some grass sprigs in the copic colored ground to add some depth to it. For a little detail I added some crystal lacquer to the honey jar and some stickles to the bees wings. Here's a close up of that.



The honey comb on the side is some designer paper that I stamped what I think is really supposed to be chicken wire, but I thought if you didn't look close enough it would pass for honey comb! I colored in a few of the spots with a copic marker because I think that's how I usually see honey comb done; with some of the areas filled in. In the end I really like the result and am rather proud of myself for improvising with chicken wire!
I printed the greeting with my computer in a font called Boopee and used a scalloped oval nestabilities to cut it out. Then because I wanted to take part in Rhonda's challenge I printed the Happy To Be Me image from squigglefly on the top right. That little guy just fit in with the theme perfectly! I hope some of you will take Rhonda up on her challenge and play too! She's giving away some pretty good candy as incentive and you have until May 17th.
I am still working on tomorrow's card, but I am so excited with the way it is turning out and I can't wait to show it to you! Okay, I'll be back a little after noon to announce the card winner! Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

CRYSTAL said...

Love the honeycomb...great coloring as always... You are the bees knees my friend!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I think the use of "chicken wire" is super and looks exactly like a honeycomb! You are ALWAYS thinking. This image is adorable and I love what you did with it.

Hugs,

bumblebee creations said...

whooohooo Holly!! Thanks for entering my challenge-your card is so adorable!!! I am just loving every single one of these images in the one a day!!! I am sure glad I got in on it! Your coloring is superb as always!

Debby said...

Another cutie patootie image. Your chicken wire looks like real authentic honeycomb :-)

Pat (mspfd) said...

How cute!

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Fantastic card, love the image and colours. Chicken wire looks great.
Emma x

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the chicken wire, it goes so well with the honey bear :~)

Kristie said...

This is super cute Holly...very Pooh Bear :) Awesome colouring as usual and the CE on the honey jar is the perfect finishing touch! Just gorgeous :)

Inger said...

Oh how cute this is!!!
Great coloring and cute image!

Inger :)

TeresaW said...

This is so cute Holly, I have to look at my image again and see what I can think up. I agree with you it is a great challenge that Rhonda has put up, and I have joined in too. Like you, I love the images and can't resist to use them.

Thanks for the inspiration.

msfreida said...

I was going to ask where you got the honeycomb DP! Can't believe it was once chicken wire! You do work magic so well! LOL This is an awesome combination of the 2 images! Hopefully I will get caught up with my work and my son's card so I can join in the challenge. This will be interesting! LOL

Hugs~